Neptune is lost

SilverLining

May 5, 2015
Sugar Land, TX
Parrots
Charlie - CAG // Mango - Sun Conure // Tango - Gold Capped Conure // Alex - Indian Ringneck Parakeet
My fully flighted ring neck flew out of the door 2 days before xmas. I searched all day and all night and couldn't hear or see him. I was devastated and was finally about to give up after a few days then I though to myself....what does he love?

He loves my conures contact calls. I recorded my conures and used my Bluetooth speaker and hung it on the handlebar of my bicycle and rode around playing their contact calls on repeat. Sure enough, he called back and I found him.

He was up in a oak tree that I couldn't reach. Then I remembered he loves to sit on my phone and check the corners of my case while I play the Andy Griffith theme song. I showed him my phone and played the song on loud and he flew down and landed on my shoulder...…I took my baby home with tears of joy.

I just wanted to put this here that sometimes, you have to think outside the box and imagine what you bird might respond to. If I didn't do what I did, I would have never gotten him back.

My heart goes out to all those who have lost their little ones. It is heart breaking.

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
Congratulations. That was very fortunate and happy to hear. We were so close to getting our kiwi back in a similar way. Inches from reach... It's always worth trying and I still cherish the last sights we had.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
In all this time, not one single day has gone by that I dont think of Neptune. I miss him, it still is a raw hurt. I dont talk about it, but the pain has yet to ease. He is the love of my life blue quaker lost in north east Florida in June.
laurasea-albums-quaker-picture23150-img-20191111-101948559.jpg

Anyone who finds a parrot, please try and reunite them with their owner.

I was just informed an elderly lady lost a cockatiel in the same neighborhood I found Blue Boy. I'm going to look in the morning, give me your parrot prayers I find her. It makes me feel people still remember I lost my Neptune, and found the parakeet, and think I might be able to help. I will try

Last edited:

Ekkietiel

Sep 5, 2020
Charleston, SC
Parrots
Charlie (Ekkie), Boop & Pongo (Cockatiels)
Every time I see a new post here I get so excited for you. My heart hurts for you. Think about you often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thank you Ekkietiel,
I just found out a budgie is lost 2 days ago in my town..need more info to go look for that one .
I urge everyone if they can, give a look at yiur local lost and found page. A parrot might be lost near you. Maybe you can spare an hour looking. Playing that species parrot sounds in your phone is helpful . It called in the lost parakeet.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
My heart can't take it. I love Neptune more than anything, I still miss him abd say a prayer for him every single night.

I just received a phone call from an unknown number, so I did not answer. They then texted if I had found my bird? So I called them. A young possible teen age girl answers, I ask do you have my bird or know where he is? No she said she just held onto my flier and wanted to see if I had found him???? Then she was like how'd you loose him anyway??? I think she has him! I tried to explain how much I love him and miss him and I would offer a reward...........
The pain is just so deep again ripped my heart wife open...
She claims was just checking in..

It's bern 6 months since a flyer has bern up. Ut doesn't make senses

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
I unfortunately know how you feel. I've been praying you find Neptune and he is safe for the time being. Could you do a reverse look up to find her address maybe stop by speak with her parents. Maybe she was genuinely curious? The part that's weird for me is the unknown phone number.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh Laura, I'm so sorry this keeps happening. I wish I could tell you for sure what to make of this or which way to jump but I really can't. I simply cannot imagine the heartache this is putting you through, or how anyone could be so cruel as to either prank you or keep Neptune from you, and you do not deserve any of this. All i can do is wish you the strength to endure. Feathered hugs to you, dearest girl! ❤️

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
A most unwelcome call, likely prank or insensitive throwback to old flyer. You did the right thing by engaging or you'd always wonder. Hugs my friend.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Then again,it COULD be just a genuine,kind-hearted,curious girl just wondering...still saying prayers for your Neppy Laura!

Jim

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thank you. So many are lost, it is great to keep an eye out. It would mean a lot to me if other parrots were found and reunited with their family.
We know what deep love we have for our feathered kids. I don't understand why people who find a lost parrot always want to keep them instead of doing the right thing , like they would do if they found a lost dog

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I am so sorry about Neptune. This is such a sad story. I can't imagine how you are still feeling. You are helping others on here with their parrots. You contribute everyday to helping others, and their parrots. You've not let down neptune.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I still miss my blue quaker Neptune lost June 2020 in North East Florida. Evey single day I think of him. My love and grief have not lessened.

If you think you found him , please contact me. No questions asked. I just want him back. More than anything I want him back.

Most Reactions

Latest posts