nervous conure

jpm252cc

Feb 3, 2016
Hello im looking for other options to give our crimson bellie hemp oil. we have tried on bread some of her favorite foods, she will not touch it. we really dont want to use a syringe were both kind of scared to try to put it into her throat. so if any one has some suggestions as to how we can get our crimson bellie to take the hemp oil. thank you also we were told buy 2 well known bird stores in jersey that hemp oil would help with the nervousness. thanks again she is 4 years old

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I would ditch the oil and try good ol hemp seeds. Oils tend to be really unregulated and the product you're giving them may vary from batch to batch. Hemp seeds a perfectly safe, rather universal, and birds tend to like seeds!

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy
we really dont want to use a syringe
I agree, force-free is the way to go. It can be challenging with some parrots. Maybe try putting a drop (to start) in some quality fruit juice. My avian vet recommends organic tart-cherry juice for parrots. Most of mine love it. I shake it and pour it on a spoon, then let the spoon sit for a bit to let the refrigerated juice come closer to room temp.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I'm confused by the term "nervous conure" I've never seen such a thing.

OP
J

jpm252cc

Feb 3, 2016
I would ditch the oil and try good ol hemp seeds. Oils tend to be really unregulated and the product you're giving them may vary from batch to batch. Hemp seeds a perfectly safe, rather universal, and birds tend to like seeds!
hello thank you for the reply how much seeds would you recomend giving daily for conure or should it be a couple times a week could you be more specific as to how much we should give our conure. thank you

Most Reactions

Latest posts