ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
I couldn't take it anymore, not because I was taking their little "warnings" seriously, but because I felt like I had no choice, that I was being forced to "coddle" and "walk on eggshells" with anything that I typed...

I sooo feel you!
(and all the others who get frustrated for being censored to death out there)
Got booted of a few fora myself.
(aquariumpeople are just as horrid in 'sugarcoating everything to kingdom come and letting the animals suffer and die' :12:)

If I mess up with my animals I deserve a good kicking!
Most relevant basic information is everywhere -most of the time the newbees just flock in to get handfed instead of just picking it up on their own!
(Reading stickies is waaaaay to much work for them- they want their readymade tailerd answers yesterday and of course you need to salve their egoos as well.)
Nothing wrong with asking questions - after you tried to find your own answers first! Right?

I find it rather refreshing to be treated as 'an absolute nitwit untill proven otherwise' instead of being hailed as the best thing since sliced bread. That is the way the real world works - why the online world should be any different... I'll never understand.

Amadeo

Mar 29, 2018
UK, North West, Lancashire
Parrots
Sherbert (Male Cockateil, Grey with Emerald/Olive),
Moth (Female Budgerigar, Pied),
Melia (Female Budgerigar, Dilute)
Social media, Facebook and the like, are filled with some idiotic people.
As a member of one bird group on Facebook I tried to explain to someone that buying an unweened baby parrot, an African Grey noless, is a road to many difficulties for them and the parrot.
It seems my warnings weren't taken well and, while I didn't get blocked or banned, it was as if I hadn't commented at all with people suggesting different potential sources for aquireing one.

Its seems to be a mentality carried by many people on social media platforms. They arract some irresponsible people who take offence at everything, even well-meaning advice.
Perhaps it's an age thing? Or many how much they actually care? I know some people get parrot and other animals because it's on trend or so and so has one.
A lot of what the users have posted on this thread goes in line with what I have so far experienced from the larger groups on Facebook etc.

And what was that about a parrot being sold from a vet clinic while being boarded for a week?
How does that happen? I'm sure you can't 'accidentally' sell someone's pet.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
And what was that about a parrot being sold from a vet clinic while being boarded for a week?
How does that happen? I'm sure you can't 'accidentally' sell someone's pet.

Search "doc the pantagonian conure" in relation to "snowflake pet center" woman boarded her bird there while she went on a mission trip to help relieve hurricane victims and Doc mysteriously "vanished" it's unclear if the center actually SOLD him or he was stolen her what but the center has been thoroughly unhelpful and even privately (and make publically) bashes the woman who's conure was 'lost'. From what I understand they like to bash this woman to other customers and it's just... really sad.

Most Reactions