carmencita120
New member
- May 16, 2026
- 2
- 0
Hi everyone. I brought home a pineapple GCC that is still being hand feed formula. Little did I know that the breeder shouldn't have sold me a bird that wasn't weaned!
However, she is now home with me.
I am introducing fresh chop & pellets; she will pick at them if mixed with the baby formula and if I am next to her. She wont bother with it if I leave it in her cage. I am not force weaning her. She is still a a baby and I know she needs to be hand fed formula for a few more weeks.
My question is how do I get her to stop shoulder rushing or going to my head? I keep moving her to my hand but its constant, her wanting to be on my shoulder. I think its because she is still a baby and wants that comfort but the problem is that once she is on my shoulder I have a hard time getting her off. I am trying to teach her step up and down but without treat motivation it seems impossible! Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.
I am introducing fresh chop & pellets; she will pick at them if mixed with the baby formula and if I am next to her. She wont bother with it if I leave it in her cage. I am not force weaning her. She is still a a baby and I know she needs to be hand fed formula for a few more weeks.
My question is how do I get her to stop shoulder rushing or going to my head? I keep moving her to my hand but its constant, her wanting to be on my shoulder. I think its because she is still a baby and wants that comfort but the problem is that once she is on my shoulder I have a hard time getting her off. I am trying to teach her step up and down but without treat motivation it seems impossible! Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.







