New cockatoo please help!

Yeah but im laying of birds for a while im selling my budgies and all the rest atm and going to clean up my aviary and expand my studio. New year New start, i'll probably buy a kitten or something at most haha. But whats worse is its my 17th birthday tmrw and im gonna be walking in with a bloody hand and ****, so i dont think i'll be partying to much haha. But i will say this i regret nothing, im glad i got this chance to experience owning a large parrot and i will tell you for sure pass it on to my friends who are thinking of buying one.;)

WOW! What a nasty bite... Hope there is no nerve damage...

Regarding cockatiels... they are very easy birds to get along with, they love cuddles and head scratches... Probably top of the list as pet birds..

Lene,
I still havent gone to a proper doctor but im going to one tmrw hopefully. But it seems there is quite alot of nerve damage, cause i havent felt my thumb for the past 2 days and its about 3X the size of my other thumb. I couldnt even shake peoples hand today from the pain. I also cant take any antibiotics until after sunset as its the holy month of ramadan for me atm and im fasting. But i hope its not too bad.

That looks like a very painful bite, ouch! :( Sorry you got bitten. I am glad you have found someone to rehome the bird. Don't be put off all birds, as others have said cockatiels make lovely pets!! The bigger guys can and WILL bite. Not to say that a cockatiel wont bite, because they can, but it doesn't hurt very much lol! :p

Lene,
I still havent gone to a proper doctor but im going to one tmrw hopefully. But it seems there is quite alot of nerve damage, cause i havent felt my thumb for the past 2 days and its about 3X the size of my other thumb. I couldnt even shake peoples hand today from the pain. I also cant take any antibiotics until after sunset as its the holy month of ramadan for me atm and im fasting. But i hope its not too bad.

I hope you get to a doctor soon.. It looks really bad... I also hope there are some exceptions to the fasting, so that you'll be able to take antibiotics... Ask your doctor... there might be some antibiotics you can take without food, as long as you eat a lot after sunset...

I'm shocked that you took a bite like that without moving... I reckon any bird of mine would have been across the room, if it was biting that hard...

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back