New conure Monday!

BreannPearlLang

Banned
Banned
Jul 3, 2012
I've made the decision of getting another green cheek conure monday.
Does anybody have any tips? I think I understand the jist of it and
I will be housing them in seperate cages next to each other, letting them only be together if they choose to venture out of their cage on their ladder to the play gyms.. I wont force anything and I will have separate one on one time with them.. I know its not the best idea BUT I feel confident that I can handle it. I'm also very aware that they could fight, become bonded and take no interest in me, or end up breeding.. I don't know the sex of mine.

My main reason to get another conure of course is for me, but also I think my pineapple could use some company. She loves being around my finches but they are too small for her to play with. Whenever she sees her reflection in a dark window or the occasional glance at a mirror, she starts trying to talk and coo at it. Its so cute :)

My conure is one year old and came from a hell-hole pet shop over crowded with baby cockatiels and 50+ parrots.. Shes my "rescue" bird but I feel very lucky with her. She never bites, never potties anywhere unless shes on a ladder, shes a little hard to grab but once shes on you shes happy. I think that having a bird thats not as dysfunctional as her will help teach her how she should act when it comes to playing, curiosity, eating, and being handled.. :)

any suggestions?

It looks like you're doing everything right. Congrats on your new fid! =)

Take a look at my post on page three of thsi thread which I began: http://www.parrotforums.com/conures/17568-bringing-home-baby-gcc.html

I brought home my second GCC and everything went perfect. Anyway, take a look at the thread. It's much easier than me trying to re-type everything. :) BTW, DO NOT house them in cages next to each other for several weeks because they first need to be in quarantine for several weeks. During that time you need to have a basic health exam completed by your Avian Vet. Once the vet results are back and everything is OK with your new addition it's still recommended they not be physicality introduced to each other because there are still diseases that can be passed that cannot be tested for. After about thirty day if everyone is still healthy then they may begin making physical contact.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back