New conures

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
I canā€™t believe i only now saw this thread!!! Killing me with cuteness!!!
Agree that the birds pick you. I bought my sun on a total impulse because when my hubby and i walked up to her cage, he/she was to completely engaging I couldnā€™t stand it! I fell in love in 2 seconds flat. Currently have a slightly damp sunny snuggled inside my shirt for the post bath napšŸ„°

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Ever see your sun and your GCC just cuddling on a perch and go "omg that's so adorable" then they react and stop......worst feeling in the world.....

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
4B11721C-BD22-4FF9-ACEA-BF587C97B84E.jpeg

Look at him omg heā€™s killing mee tjeir too cute šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I got some more but they aren't content to just sit anymore....they want to explore so my hands are full on both flanks.....

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Ok I got a second I just did some recall training from about 5 feet away and now they have a treat stick to share.

Both flocks insist on going to each others cages when they owners are out of them.....Yes I currently have 2 flocks. The baby cage with the two conures and the two flightless budgies, (which now have no problem being handled when they need to escape. And are elated to no longer being picked on.) And the original four flighted budgies and Scuti.

But I am seeing change. As I said before the two clipped budgies (that I didn't clip!) are in high heaven as the babies are absolutely not aggressive. The Scuti flock has even stopped picking on them as they seem to interpret well they are under the protection of the conures.

It's funny they keep invading each others cages for food though since..... THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME TYPE AND NUMBER OF DISHES TREATS AND FOOD!

Last night was some scuti on GCC aggresion (which didn't go well for Scuti) but none tonight. Even even turned my back a few times.

EDIT: I think Scuti might win here...but has so many flashbacks to Clark that as soon ass the GCC says you're being to rough Scuti just bolts.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
I have some more pics but i'll upload tomorrow.

The flocks are starting to coalesce.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
So strawberries definitely the training treat. 10/10 Apples 8/10 broccoli 6/10 cauliflower 5/10 carrots 4/10. Haven't tried sweet peppers yet.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Also the GCC [OF COURSE] is getting ideas in his/her head like "you know I should be in charge of this flock" so I had to do the time out maneuver 3 times, once for me once for the sun and once for Scuti. After that things settled down.

The sun meanwhile is like "guess what!" I learned a new trick if I just sit on the shoulder and lean into the neck I gets super warm and happy. Instead of running all over the place like a crazy person.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
sorry not so many pictures but they hit the exploring phase and once they do something cute 3 seconds later they are off on something else.....it's literally like "herding cats" but worse.....In the future I will not recommend two babies at once. Methinks. If taking care or a baby parrot is hard taking care of to is somehow tenfold.....

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
But these two babies were meant to come together! Twins! Whst if you had only gotten the cinnamon and left that sweet Sun behind! Gasp! That sun loves you! As well as loving little baby cinnamon šŸ’•

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Any new pics of the conure babies? How are they doing?

I have to agree with you. I couldn't of taken on 2, or more baby parrots at one time. Not because I don't want to but, because I don't have the experience of others on here.

Most Reactions

Latest posts