New conures

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Ok enough sugar dad! Can you cook and offer some quinoa, or even a little boiled egg, some cooked lentils? Get those growing babies a little protein
i will once they give me a chance!

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Ok broccoli, Colo flour
20220326_135156.jpg
20220326_135213.jpg
20220326_135241.jpg
20220326_135313.jpg
and carrot

happy now laurasea?

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Not for nothing Minnesota people that last GCC in the terrarium is available as far as I know..... built in cuddles and no need to recall train......just saying.....

Egyptian parrot shop in Richfield. It just finished weening.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
She keeps flying over.....lands on head flys back, lands on back or chair, flies back. She sees green and is like do not want. I've held her a bit but ever since she was introduced to the budgies she was more into the "community" she's no longer a shoulder bird and kind of regressed to community bird. I can still get her on shoulder but to be honest getting the budgies kind of screwed everything up. She want's to build a nation with other birds and is less interested.

I mean shes great, but so much more interested in the flock which is so weird but so understandable.

Its why I made it to the pet store in the first place. she became the queen of her own kingdom and kind of outgrew me. 6 is better than 1 esp if you all get to hang out together all day.

I think If I never got the budgies......she'd still be a lot more into me but I cant turn my back on my budgies.

Never the less she's always having lots of fun.... then comes over sits on head says hi then goes to have more fun.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I feel you and Scuti can rebuild your bond, really i do..

I'm glad she is happy being queen of the budgies .

I you know I'd nap that beauty in an instant...lol I'm just putting it out there!!!

For your babies I think they still need about 20% protein in their diet. Seeds, pellets are good, but some plant based , soaked cooked legume, lentils, even some plain Greek yogurt, boiled or scrambled egg, walnuts, a little tiny piece boiled chicken.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
i wANT THEM TO EAT THEIR DIET BUT THEY WONT STAY IN CAGE! MIGHT HAVE TOSHUT DOOR. yOU MANAGE TWO BIRDS AT ONCE.....AT LEAST i GOT THEM EATING!

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Ok got em in cage again and.....they actually foraging.... sorry I snapped

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Woop. I'm just sharing good food tips.

I love they see with you! Bring their bowl out and hold it lol

Hopefully you shouting was in fun?

I'm covered in burds myself. Lovies and cuddling. I tried to stuff mine with roasted seet potatoes and roasted carrots a shredded cabbage....nit sure whst I'm going to give them later

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
so this.....................

this Is my life now....

also the GCC made it back to my shoulder just now....

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
so I put birds in cage again.....and they both escaped.....and came to well top of head. Both have wet feet SO i think they lifted the door on water bowl....

So basically they are smarter then the downstairs cage. I guess if you are bad at one thing practice another.

They spent like 90% of there time on me, every time I sent then back they re-emerged or now escaped. but it is time for upstairs cage Gonna put them up there but I can forsee they escape that as well.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
put them both in the upstairs cage now......talk about laying on a guilt trip.....I didn't buy parrots I got paid manipulators....

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
They love you!
Get em out, just hold the food bowl or have next to you. Babies are like that. At least mine was as well, wouldn't eat at first in cage by himself.

They really have chosen you. Like squeak mentioned they recognized you when you came back for them. Sooo special. Loving your updates.

Man Monday is going to come way to quickly

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I miss having a baby bird 😢 they are so cuddly, and they also sit still. I have 2 hormonal parrots right now due to spring.

Have you been to the Cottage Grove bird fair? I was curious about it.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
I miss having a baby bird 😢 they are so cuddly, and they also sit still. I have 2 hormonal parrots right now due to spring.

Have you been to the Cottage Grove bird fair? I was curious about it.
No never heard about it I'll have to look it up.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Scuti is getting really curious why this GGC is just ignoring her and not attacking.....
20220327_113347.jpg

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
They are eating out of the food bowls now....so all my worries are gone.

Most Reactions

Latest posts