New kid on the block

My albino just had his bath

Lutino

Olive personatus

The snake that went inside one of my flight cage one evening. notice the bulging tummy

Last edited:
My Albino pair here in Canada

Some of my babies

Last edited:
more babies

One of my tiel
Sable lutino

more tiel babies

Yours truly

outdoor aviaries are possible here, but the heating is a major concern, and would be pretty expensive. this winter though i would not have even trusted that. i would have brought them all inside for this winter lol a mild southern ontario winter, maybe could have them outside with the proper heating, but it would be very tricky. glass outdoors might be difficult because they can fly into it, but also because the sunlight can make it a lot hotter. southern ontario has cold temperatures in the winter and hot summers with lots of humidity. you'd want an aviary that can accommodate both of those possibilities. best case scenario, i'd have a nice outdoor aviary for the summer and bring them all indoors in the winter. mostly because this winter especially has proven just how cold we can still get here, despite being so south in canada! in my city, we dropped down to -40C this winter with the windchill. i wouldnt put any bird outside in that weather, regardless of heating systems. but thats me. you might want to try to contact some other Canadians who have outdoor aviaries.

but i think you would be better off bringing them inside for winter.

Or do a half/half...All cages indoors and flight outdoor. My plan is just like one of those sun rooms so it will have heater but totally accessible to the sunlight with built-in exhaust fans and a small cascading fountain with artificial waterfalls for humidity and bath. It's very possible if I have the budget. I already have the blueprint in my head except for the money.LOL

THAT might very well be doable and just simply gorgeous! if you ever get around to it, i'd love to see the end results!

you are in toronto, have you ever gone to Bird Kingdom up in Niagara Falls?? if not, you need to go check it out!!!

here's some photos i took of some of the birds from my trip with a friend there

Bird Kingdom is apparently the world's largest walk-in aviary. the birds are all very happy, they have a waterfall there, lots of vegetation, different species of birds of all kinds, the birds seem quite well cared for and they have a victoria crowned pigeon who just wants to be pet!!! lol he didnt like me very much, but he really liked my friend!

outdoor aviaries are possible here, but the heating is a major concern, and would be pretty expensive. this winter though i would not have even trusted that. i would have brought them all inside for this winter lol a mild southern ontario winter, maybe could have them outside with the proper heating, but it would be very tricky. glass outdoors might be difficult because they can fly into it, but also because the sunlight can make it a lot hotter. southern ontario has cold temperatures in the winter and hot summers with lots of humidity. you'd want an aviary that can accommodate both of those possibilities. best case scenario, i'd have a nice outdoor aviary for the summer and bring them all indoors in the winter. mostly because this winter especially has proven just how cold we can still get here, despite being so south in canada! in my city, we dropped down to -40C this winter with the windchill. i wouldnt put any bird outside in that weather, regardless of heating systems. but thats me. you might want to try to contact some other Canadians who have outdoor aviaries.
but i think you would be better off bringing them inside for winter.

Oh wow! THAT'S COLD. I'm not sure how low it gets in the colder parts of the US, but I don't think it's normally as bad as where you are.

Oh wow! THAT'S COLD. I'm not sure how low it gets in the colder parts of the US, but I don't think it's normally as bad as where you are.

keep in mind that this is a weird winter, normally it's only -10 to -25 C where i live in the winter. this winter was abnormally cold with all these arctic blasts. but still, those temperatures are iffy for birds outdoors. it would be very difficult to keep them properly warm

Yes DallyTsuka I did the very first chance I have. About a week after I arrived here in Toronto,

Some shots taken .

Last edited:
ah, how long ago did you go to Bird Kingdom? we just went last May :)

i LOVE your photos of the ring billed gulls! they're stunning birds, i love watching them fish!

More awesome pics Ramon!:)

I wish there was something like Bird Kingdom around here. My dream is to go to Loro Parque! Maybe one day. It's on the bucket list... Things to do before I die :)

Absolutely stunning bird. Thank you for sharing your photos I enjoyed looking at them.

Beautiful pictures!!! Not so much on the snake part as I'm not a fan of snakes....lol....IF I caught a snake eating my birds, I will not be very kind to the snake.....

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back