New member! In search of a bird ♡

Pho3nix

Nov 30, 2021
Parrots
I had a cockatoo. I intend to find another bird. Through the power of the internet.
Hello all! My name is Phoenix.

I am a 22 year old woman and I just bought my first house! I am a stay at home artist, and I grew up with an umbrella cockatoo in our home.

I just got out of a toxic relationship about half a year ago...
I'm really lonely, I had to leave everything behind..
I know having a bird is a lifetime commitment.
I'm willing to make that commitment.
I have an appointment to meet an African grey on Saturday. She's $2000.

I was wondering if any of you may have any parrots that you are looking to rehome that might be a little more in my budget?

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome, Phoenix! I'm so sorry you've been so lonely, but I hope you find a parrot to adopt/buy soon! Feel free to ask for help if you need, and I look forward to seeing you around!

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
Hi! Sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling a bit lonely but times get better. Adoption is a great way to bring home a parrot or rescuing a parrot is also something you can consider. Both are way less costly in terms of the cost of the bird himself. You’re only paying the adoption fee. If you choose to buy from a store or breeder, it is known to be way more on the pricey side. Whichever works in your favor and whichever you prefer is what’s best. Good luck and hope to see you around!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Welcome! Remember, that loneliness is 100% normal and is mostly decompression! A real form of PSD! Without it, there’s no healing and risk of repeating history!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome Phoenix, you have many of the prerequisites for successful parronthood! Larger parrots quite pricey, particularly if sold with robust cage. You have many options including retail sales, adoptions, rescues, etc. An important consideration is allowing the bird to "choose" you, especially critical with highly intelligent and sensitive greys. A helpful primer on CAGs: https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/cag-101.59366/

Most Reactions

Latest posts