New Member with 2 gorgeous Boys - Cashibo and Ralph

Eloise.Jayne

Nov 24, 2021
Parrots
Yellow Crowned Amazon and
Galah
Hi everyone,
I am a brand new member. I have always had birds growing up - Budgies, Cockatiels, Chickens, Quails. However, I have never had large parrots before. I got my gorgeous boy Cashibo (Yellow crowned Amazon) in February 2021, and he has just turned a year old. He is amazing, and temperamental all at the same time! Haha
I recently have taken on a rescue bird from my local RSPCA (For those not in Australia they are animal shelters/adoption centres). Ralph is his name and he is a galah. Not much is known about Ralph and his past. However, I was told that when he first came into the shelter he was hissing and would not go near anyone. I visited Ralph multiple times before taking him home. At first Ralph was hesitant of me but eventually hoped on my arm, and then on my final visit before taking him home he let me pet his head and was closing his eyes. Ralph cries just like a newborn baby and only gets louder when I console him (he has only been home with me for 1 week now). I don't know how old Ralph - I am guessing that he is young but really have no idea. I was wondering if anyone might know if adult galahs cry or is it just babies?
Thank you everyone 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20211101_203352_901.jpg
    IMG_20211101_203352_901.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20211117_125315_193.jpg
    IMG_20211117_125315_193.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 85

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi everyone,
I am a brand new member. I have always had birds growing up - Budgies, Cockatiels, Chickens, Quails. However, I have never had large parrots before. I got my gorgeous boy Cashibo (Yellow crowned Amazon) in February 2021, and he has just turned a year old. He is amazing, and temperamental all at the same time! Haha
I recently have taken on a rescue bird from my local RSPCA (For those not in Australia they are animal shelters/adoption centres). Ralph is his name and he is a galah. Not much is known about Ralph and his past. However, I was told that when he first came into the shelter he was hissing and would not go near anyone. I visited Ralph multiple times before taking him home. At first Ralph was hesitant of me but eventually hoped on my arm, and then on my final visit before taking him home he let me pet his head and was closing his eyes. Ralph cries just like a newborn baby and only gets louder when I console him (he has only been home with me for 1 week now). I don't know how old Ralph - I am guessing that he is young but really have no idea. I was wondering if anyone might know if adult galahs cry or is it just babies?
Thank you everyone 😊
Welcome to the forums Eloise, Cashibo and Ralph, from just up the road in Briz Vegas! Congratulations on your new flock members, and much respect for taking on an RSPCA rescue! Ralph may have an uncertain past, but it kinda sounds to me as though he has found a wonderfully loving home with you now :)

Both your boys certainly are gorgeous and I'm very pleased that you have joined our worldwide international online flock, I think you'll like it here :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and me welcomed.

Good idea to read the I Love Amazons thread over on the Amazon sub forum. Essential info in that, for all parrots. THe Amazon Body Language thread is also essential for 'zon owners.

Most Reactions

Latest posts