Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
Good Morning to all from Texas.
I am new to the forum and soon will be adopting a Female SI Eclectus. I am getting 'Abby' from a breeder in South Texas. I am so anxious to get her.
She will be my 1st Parrot so I will asking ya'll a ton of questions.

Mike

Welcome to our family Cowtown, you have come to the right place for info, lots of members here with eclectus parrots. Can't wait to see pics of Abby once you have her in your pocession.

You have come to the right place. This is a fantastic forum with lots of parrot wise people. Happy to have you here. I usually suggest the book Parrots for Dummies to teach you the basics and more. Please do not take this personally. It is a very good resource. We all love to see photos.

Welcome to the forum. So many great members willing to answer all your questions. There is no such thing as a 'dumb question', so ask anything you want and we will try and help. Ekkies are great parrots, I am so excited for you.

You have come to the right place. This is a fantastic forum with lots of parrot wise people. Happy to have you here. I usually suggest the book Parrots for Dummies to teach you the basics and more. Please do not take this personally. It is a very good resource. We all love to see photos.

Spirit I am a 'Dummy' when it comes to being a guardian for Abby. That is one reason that I have joined this forum... I am going to the local Pet Smart today and getting the Parrots for Dummies book....

I do have a friend that has had a Yellow Nape Amazon for 22 years. She hand raised it from birth. So she has given me a lot of tips and in fact she has loaned me a started cage (older model but great shape California Cage)
The I did take it out and disinfected real good, let it sit outside and air out before I brought it in the house. I need to get new perches and some water/feed bowls. It did not have them. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get bowls to fit the California Cage?

Thanks in advance for all the help and suggestions.

Mike

Welcome, Cowtown! You say Texas...what area? I'm in Dallas and know of a great little bird store in Richardson for supplies and toys.

As for bowls for a cage, those are pretty easy to find. Take a measurement of the space it fits into then just head to a pet store. Even the large chains often have replacement bowls.

Post up some pics when you bring her home!

I am in SW Fort Worth....
I am going to check the Petco and Pet Smart today for the bowls..

I will definitely will be posting some pictures of Abby when I get her home.

With a name like Cowtow, I figured you were in FW, but didn't want to assume. They have a (reportedly) very good and active bird club there. Here's a link. They may have better resources closer to you.

Welcome to the forum man! (make sure you do a lot of research before buying the bird. ;) )

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum, as stated you've come to the right place for parrot info, "parrots for dummies" is a good book, especially for beginers, congrats on your soon to be new fid (fid=feathered kid), there are many here on the forum owned by Ekkies and with their very diverse diet its nice to have folks you can rely on to give you good info on their care, enjoy your stay :)

Welcome to the wonderful bird crazy family forum
cancan.gif

Glad you are doing research, much to learn and so much to share with one another
Remember to get the :pic: clicking when Abby arrives

Pictures of Abby

Here is a picture of Abby that the breeder just sent me.

Last edited:
Welcome! I'm new too, hope you enjoy your soon-to-be-new bird!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back