New Playstand

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Aleta - Pineapple GCC (Hatch date July 2 2013), Fry & Sprite - Budgies
I've been eyeing it all day, but i finally bought this [ame="http://www.amazon.ca/Prevue-Pet-Products-17-625-Inch-Hammertone/dp/B0027J7M0S/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB"]http://www.amazon.ca/Prevue-Pet-Products-17-625-Inch-Hammertone/dp/B0027J7M0S/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB[/ame] . Last night Aleta was on her tree and pooped on the dog below. Hopefully this will prevent that situation from happening again! :D

Should be here next week. I dont even get to play on it and Im excited!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
You are going to love this! We got the slightly larger version for Talli and he is crazy about it.
I bet your dog will be thrilled as well:)

OP
Starlit_Night

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Parrots
Its a good thing I spent last weekend making a bunch of toys. Now I have somewhere to put them!

OP
Starlit_Night

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Parrots
Its a good thing she is a little bird. I'd hate to see a 'too do that! :eek:

Last edited:

Peeko

Dec 12, 2012
Lucky birdie! I wish I could get that, but my little guy would never use it. He wants to be on me/people, not playstands. I'm glad the one I got him was only $20 because I would have hated to spend so much and have him not use it!

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Kiwi Stardust - a green cheek conure
I love this play stand! I have one for Kiwi and can wheel it everywhere so she can always be in sight of me when I'm home. I love having her on it when I'm crocheting on the couch because I can watch her play and she can watch me crochet without us getting in the way of each other. And when she's done playing and wants to hang out and cuddle she'll sit on the edge of the seed guard and I'll know to pick her up for a cuddle.

The only thing I'd say to do is if you put food in the food bowls, to wedge a piece of paper so that it hangs over the bowl like a roof. Kiwi likes to sit up top and drop some poops and this often falls into the bowls! The paper 'roof' keeps the bowls clean and I just have to switch them out every week or so ^.^

It's so much fun decorating it too - you guys are going to have a blast!!

Here's a pic of Kiwi on it!

kiwis-albums-kiwi-stardust-picture10507-a.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Starlit_Night

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Parrots
Here's a pic of Kiwi on it!

That is so cute! I can better see the size of it, now that you show me Kiwi on there. I am going to have to make MANY more toys to fill that thing up! I made enough to switch out her cage, but I can see that will hold a lot. I may have to steal an idea or two I see on yours as well ;)

Thanks for the tip about the cups too. I'm already plotting how to fix the problem.

OP
Starlit_Night

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Parrots
The slightly larger one has the food bowls on the top where the perch is located.

I didn't notice bowl position until after purchase. I have a feeling Aleta wouldn't like the ladders on the larger one - too big for such a little bird. Not to mention my pocket didn't like the higher price. Twice the price, yikes! With the tip from KiwiS I will work on how to keep the food poop-free. :D

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Kiwi Stardust - a green cheek conure
You are welcome to take any and/or all of the ideas if you'd like!

I was going to take a pic of my food dish set up for you tonight, but seeing how I'll probably suffer a senior moment, I made a picture to illustrate it to you.

Hope this helps!

P.s. the paper will have to be pretty stiff

kiwis-albums-kiwi-stardust-picture11433-dish.jpg

OP
Starlit_Night

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Parrots
I made a picture to illustrate it to you.

Thank you!! That is the BEST! I love the sad cup with poop in it. You totally made my day! :D

I tried to see the cups in the picture, so your diagram really helps! I have flexible plastic cutting board scraps, I may just be able to cut two pieces to fit so I can just wipe them down.

I keep waiting for the email confirmation it has shipped.. Waiting.. er.. patiently..

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
Those playstands can be a dream come true!

Skittles has one on the top of his cage (it came with it), but he only uses it half the time, the other half he used to sit on my exercise bike next to my chair and he'd chew on the handlebars. Not to mention crap all over it and the floor below. I got rid of the bike & I got him this playstand last year for his birthday and he LOVES it. He gets his treats there, has a hanging toy to play with and best of all, the plate below is huge and catches all his poops and crumbs from his treats. I paid about $120 which wasn't bad IMO

PP_B_72T.jpg

OP
Starlit_Night

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Parrots
Oooh! I like that one too!

Aleta has a play top on her cage, but it is in the basement and we spend most times upstairs. We have 3 dogs that are kenneled when we are out, so we put her cage down there so she will have company when we aren't home. Not to mention bed time is easy, because we can leave her down there and no one disturbs her at night. The basement also has the best regulated temperature. Given a choice, I'd live down there myself :)

Anywho.. Point is, we needed someplace for upstairs play time. I had a PVC stand we mad, with little cups hooked on, but within moments she would have it dumped upside down with water and food everywhere. We needed something more substantial. And of course to protect the dogs from having to be bathed daily! :D

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
Lucky birdie! I wish I could get that, but my little guy would never use it. He wants to be on me/people, not playstands. I'm glad the one I got him was only $20 because I would have hated to spend so much and have him not use it!

That is kind of the way Captain Jack is. His cage is designed to have a playgym on cage top. If I sit him up there he will play with the toys and shred the newspaper. I ordered a small wooden playgym for Dr Fosters and smith (but he quickly tries to perch on me). I loves these metal playstands but I also would hate to spend that kind of money and he refuses to use it.

OP
Starlit_Night

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Parrots
With our old set up location made a huge difference to Aleta. I moved the stand to the far side of the room and she refused to go there. I moved it to the middle of the room so she could see me if I was in the kitchen or living room and she happily went back to using it.

Most Reactions