Nice Beak

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
I was admiring him... the latest in center, from beginning left, one year right.

26172d1620356952-nice-beak-mango-20210430_174901.jpg

Attachments

• mango-20210430_174901.jpg
    mango-20210430_174901.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
What a wonderful transformation~!!!

Care to share the backstory? :D

OP
ctwo

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
The first image he's just molting, that was around the same time of year in the far right as you can see a few pin feathers still opening. The center image - the beak's sheen and clear appearance just caught my eye.

I don't know if he's any healthier, he's always seemed to be fine that way. They came with seed and I've given them pellets and typical chop, and seed mix always available. He is certainly happier - this is starting my 3rd year with him and his tiel. This past year has allowed me to have the cage open 24/7, and he and the tiel will fly around at will, they come see me often and perch on one of my computer monitors for hours and hours as I work, or they will fly to their free-standing perch assembly near a picture window.

I think the appearance is just lack of scratches from climbing around their cage, but I do make sure they go back into their cage at night. Only a few times I've had to wake them to make them step up and go inside just after dark, and they protest a bit.

Most Reactions