LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Lucky fellow, look at how much he’s loving that! I got a freebie pack of popcorn with my last order of bird supplies but my guys were completely uninterested. Perhaps that's the secret - it needs to be popped fresh?!

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
IMG_0290.jpeg

Nico is very displeased today. I am getting his overnight cage ready for winter as it’s getting cooler outside. I put his heated perch in his cage, and some new perches with it. He has new toys. I rearranged everything.

Nico has screamed all day long, and has refused to eat. He’s hissing at my husband for even entering the room. He refuses to be on his actual tree stand. He’ll just jump off, and run to his overnight room. Here he is sitting on my handmade conure training stand instead.

All of this over changing some perches!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
View attachment 54648
Nico is very displeased today. I am getting his overnight cage ready for winter as it’s getting cooler outside. I put his heated perch in his cage, and some new perches with it. He has new toys. I rearranged everything.

Nico has screamed all day long, and has refused to eat. He’s hissing at my husband for even entering the room. He refuses to be on his actual tree stand. He’ll just jump off, and run to his overnight room. Here he is sitting on my handmade conure training stand instead.

All of this over changing some perches!
Poor Nico, maybe he sees the winter paraphenalia coming out and reacts that way cos he's not a fan of the cold? It's ok, little guy, I hate winter too - not that winter in Brisbane is ANYTHING like winter in Minnesota!! 🥶🥶🥶

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
IMG_0361.jpeg
IMG_0358.jpeg

I have been trying to get Nico exercise. We just put in this homemade swing. I walked out of the room for maybe 1-2 minutes after setting Nico down, and the second photo is what I came back to.

Why? Just why? 🤦‍♀️

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
View attachment 55437View attachment 55438
I have been trying to get Nico exercise. We just put in this homemade swing. I walked out of the room for maybe 1-2 minutes after setting Nico down, and the second photo is what I came back to.

Why? Just why? 🤦‍♀️
Hi Nico!! Happy swingin', you're looking good up there, young man!! 😍😍😍

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
IMG_0750.jpeg

Nico has some primary feathers coming in. He has 2 tail feathers now. Hopefully 🤞 he leaves them alone. He’s just getting ready for his shower.

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots

He speaks his name so clearly. Sometimes when he says sentences I feel a little weird because it’s so clear. I know birds just mimic, but it’s still strange walking by a parrots cage who asks you how you are doing 😂😂😂😂

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Oh my goodness!!! I gasped at how clear and cute this is!!! I need more videos of talking Nico. Hearing parrots talk NEVER gets old to me! It makes me feel like a kid in a candy store every time. It’s just so cool!

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Oh my goodness!!! I gasped at how clear and cute this is!!! I need more videos of talking Nico. Hearing parrots talk NEVER gets old to me! It makes me feel like a kid in a candy store every time. It’s just so cool!
It really creeps me out sometimes 😂 imagine it being all quiet, and then all of a sudden a parrot randomly starts talking nico will randomly start yelling hello

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
It really creeps me out sometimes 😂 imagine it being all quiet, and then all of a sudden a parrot randomly starts talking nico will randomly start yelling hello
Haha! Honestly I think I would love that 😂 I really wish Ona spoke more clearly. She tries to say a lot of things I just can’t understand.

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots

Nico is a bit demanding. I don’t move fast enough for him 😂 He wants his food now, and there is no waiting when you drop a pecan in his food dish. Shame on humans for not moving fast enough for their parrots “needs”.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
View attachment 56159
Nico is a bit demanding. I don’t move fast enough for him 😂 He wants his food now, and there is no waiting when you drop a pecan in his food dish. Shame on humans for not moving fast enough for their parrots “needs”.
I got a good bite from Lovejoy this morning for not being fast enough with his breakfast. How dare I make him wait for two seconds while I clear away last night's dinner before breakfast can be served??

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
I got a good bite from Lovejoy this morning for not being fast enough with his breakfast. How dare I make him wait for two seconds while I clear away last night's dinner before breakfast can be served??
Lovejoy is sorry somewhere in there. The belly comes first. As soon as we realize it’s a parrots world & we humans just live in it… the better off we the parronts will be 😂😂😂

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Lovejoy is sorry somewhere in there. The belly comes first. As soon as we realize it’s a parrots world & we humans just live in it… the better off we the parronts will be 😂😂😂
No he's not. "Sorry" is not part of a lorikeet's vocabulary - he's just lucky he's so cute!! 🥰

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
IMG_0079.jpeg
IMG_0080.jpeg

Nico is trying some new treats from Chewy. We all know parrots can be picky eaters. Nico isn’t an exception to this. He should apply for a job to be a food inspector. Hopefully he likes his new treats.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
View attachment 57503View attachment 57504
Nico is trying some new treats from Chewy. We all know parrots can be picky eaters. Nico isn’t an exception to this. He should apply for a job to be a food inspector. Hopefully he likes his new treats.
I'll be interested to see how Nico likes those sprouts. I got some as a free sample with my last online order but I haven't tried my guys on them yet!

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
I'll be interested to see how Nico likes those sprouts. I got some as a free sample with my last online order but I haven't tried my guys on them yet!
Nico surprisingly ate the sprouts. This is just the first day though. I’m going to give it about a week to see if he starts tossing his food bowl because he doesn’t like it anymore 😂 I’m sure you understand as you have lovejoy who seems like he may give you a hard time

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Nico surprisingly ate the sprouts. This is just the first day though. I’m going to give it about a week to see if he starts tossing his food bowl because he doesn’t like it anymore 😂 I’m sure you understand as you have lovejoy who seems like he may give you a hard time
Glad Nico enjoyed the sprouts, in the short term at least. :) Surprisingly it's not Lovejoy who gives me so much of a hard time over food though, it's Peachie! She eats everything I give her but she does LOVE to chuck her pellets, her veg and especially her fruit all over the floor!

Most Reactions