Nika has found a new home. Thank you Grayway!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I wish I knew someone who could take her. Thank you for your kindness 🙏🙏🙏
Is there a parrot rescue that you could surrender her to? As long as they're a reputable rescue they would find her a good home.

Grayway

Jan 5, 2023
Media
Albums
Arizona
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Blue n Gold Macaw
Orange wing Amazon
Cockatiels
Sun Conure
Here is my story, please don't judge. My son, an adult who is bipolar and lives with me, purchased 2 Sun Conures just over a year ago. Although I did not want them, I immediately bonded with one of them. He bonded with the other. I immediately transferred the money ($900) into his bank account and took full ownership for my beloved bird. He has barely paid attention or done anything with his. Everything is me, but I don't like the bird - plain and simple. She is a very active 1 year old who needs someone to love. Very tame, but very active. I am keeping mine, but must get a new home for his. Nika is the name and we're pretty sure she is a female. Nika got out just over a week ago and my bird was fine for the 3 days she was gone. In fact he was better than ever, she bullies him. We found her, thanks social media. Though bonded they need to separate so that my guy can have the spoiled perfect life he and I deserve.

If you met me you would understand, but also understand the Nika is gorgeous and special too. If she can't find a good home, she will go with my son who is moving in back in with his wife and 3 cats. She should not be neglected, so hoping someone will come to her rescue!!

I live in the Ahwatukee Foothills in Phoenix AZ. The golf course clubhouse is visible from my backyard. https://goo.gl/maps/GmMAR2nTM9dk5SyT6

View attachment 48584
I live in East Mesa and could handle her if she is tame, no problem.

Grayway

Jan 5, 2023
Media
Albums
Arizona
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Blue n Gold Macaw
Orange wing Amazon
Cockatiels
Sun Conure
She is very tame. Do you have birds?
I do, I never mix them but I have a macaw, african grey and cockatiels. I have experience with many since I had an animal shelter at one time and accepted any legal pet. Doves, quails, button quails, were numerous. Lovebirds, conure and parrots, less so.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thank you @Grayway for taking Nika in! I'm so excited to hear about your journey with her.

And bless you @parme for working so hard to find Nika a wonderful home. I'm really happy that you and Kaze are here.

What a feel-good day it is on the forum:)

Grayway

Jan 5, 2023
Media
Albums
Arizona
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Blue n Gold Macaw
Orange wing Amazon
Cockatiels
Sun Conure
Here is my story, please don't judge. My son, an adult who is bipolar and lives with me, purchased 2 Sun Conures just over a year ago. Although I did not want them, I immediately bonded with one of them. He bonded with the other. I immediately transferred the money ($900) into his bank account and took full ownership for my beloved bird. He has barely paid attention or done anything with his. Everything is me, but I don't like the bird - plain and simple. She is a very active 1 year old who needs someone to love. Very tame, but very active. I am keeping mine, but must get a new home for his. Nika is the name and we're pretty sure she is a female. Nika got out just over a week ago and my bird was fine for the 3 days she was gone. In fact he was better than ever, she bullies him. We found her, thanks social media. Though bonded they need to separate so that my guy can have the spoiled perfect life he and I deserve.

If you met me you would understand, but also understand the Nika is gorgeous and special too. If she can't find a good home, she will go with my son who is moving in back in with his wife and 3 cats. She should not be neglected, so hoping someone will come to her rescue!!

I live in the Ahwatukee Foothills in Phoenix AZ. The golf course clubhouse is visible from my backyard. https://goo.gl/maps/GmMAR2nTM9dk5SyT6

View attachment 48584
Nika is going to be a joy. She will fit right in. I really like her!

𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖞𝕻𝖎𝖈𝖆

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I've been following this thread for a bit. I'm glad she found a home! Please keep us updated on both birds if possible.

Nika107

Mar 27, 2023
Parrots
1- Sun Conure- Kaze
Nika is going to be a joy. She will fit right in. I really
Anyways, I am the slandered son and Nika(chu) was my bird. I wasn't allowed an opportunity to say goodbye and I would tremendously appreciate that opportunity.

Attachments

• 20230308_171455.jpg
    20230308_171455.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-20230307-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230307-WA0003.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 28

Grayway

Jan 5, 2023
Media
Albums
Arizona
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Blue n Gold Macaw
Orange wing Amazon
Cockatiels
Sun Conure
UPDATE ON NIKA: Nika is doing fantastically well. She has definitely become a prized member of my family. She has taken to snuggling next to me holding my hand for a few quick belly rubs. She is often found sleeping next to me. She seems to want to hold my hand when she is tired and I end up so ‘touched’ I tear up. I truly love this little wonder.

I can’t thank @parme and James enough for such a wonderful companion.

Attachments

• IMG_0951.jpeg
    IMG_0951.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 26

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
UPDATE ON NIKA: Nika is doing fantastically well. She has definitely become a prized member of my family. She has taken to snuggling next to me holding my hand for a few quick belly rubs. She is often found sleeping next to me. She seems to want to hold my hand when she is tired and I end up so ‘touched’ I tear up. I truly love this little wonder.

Oh just look at that beautiful little face :love: Thank you for giving her a loving home, she certainly looks very happy!

OP
parme

parme

Mar 22, 2023
Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
Sun Conure

So happy she found you. This has been the best outcome for everyone, especially Nika!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

This is so wonderful to read, Nika looks so happy!

Most Reactions

Latest posts