OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
Later on bath day.

nile11-2-21.jpg

OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
So, a quick review of the Prevue Hendrix Signature 3152 cage. It's 24x20x34.75" Interior dimensions. Bars are 3/4" spacing and 9 and 12 gauge. Price range for the Sage color is a low of $353 on Amazon up to about $450.

Assembly was simple and can be performed alone, no need for two people like the instructions suggest. There are only 8 screws required to assemble the main cage so it really is simple.

There were no defects in the parts although the plastic feet that you insert the wheels in to don't fit tight into the cage so one or two of them will fall out if the cage is lifted.

The 9 and 12 gauge means that it shouldn't be used with any parrot larger that an amazon and maybe not even with an amazon at the upper end of the scale.

It doesn't appear that the door in removable which is a disappointment for me because Nike likes to poop on the door and removing it to bring to the sink would be nice...I may have to modify it. The door does have a nice lock and backup tab to keep it from opening and the doors for the food cups have good latches as well. The cage includes 4, nice stainless-steel cups.

The play top is very basic and designed for a couch potato like Nike. I plan to change the perch and add some wood structure for her to chew up.

It also comes with seed guards which I didn't install. It includes a hardwood dowel for the playtop and one for the 24" width of the cage.

All in all, it's a decent cage but it is way overpriced in my opinion. The 18x18" version is under $170 and this should be priced under $250

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Our TV is wall mounted and although Julio has tried to place himself on it. He has determined that 'his' winged back chair is more comfortable.
As always, thanks for the Nick Fix, Good Friend!!
The next and with hope last blast of Winter is swinging in for this weekend. With hope warmth will keep slowing returning to the Great White North!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Thanks! When she's preening and gets all puffy, I have all I can do to not grab her with both hands and mush her into my face ;)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
You can have hawk headed parrots has pets?
Yes.
But parrots aren’t really “pets”, they’re wild animals we just expect to adapt the best they can.

Nike is really pretty 🙂

Most Reactions