Noise Levels

Which bird is the most quiet for an apt or condo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

06Honda

Jan 17, 2008
Please respond to my poll regarding noise levels of the various species for an planned purchase, thanks.

Sorry about the spammers Honda (great cars BTW, I love mine) ... they seem to be attracted to polls for some reason ... I don't know too much about bourkes, but the other three would make great options! Budgies can also become very prolific talkers, given the proper environment and motivation.

I had the pleasure of having a hand fed baby rosy bourkes parrakeet as a pet about fifteen years ago and they are precious and adorable. Not the smartest birds around, but very sweet and much quieter than a cockatiel. My little "Bourk Bourk" was very devoted to me and the most docile little bird. He always had free-flight and was as tame as could be.
Another uncommon but splendid small pet bird is a handfed lineolated parrakeet. A bit noisier than a bourkes, but a good deal smarter, and the normal color lineolated is still fairly inexpensive, if hard to find. They remind me of a south american version of a budgie.

I'm going to go with a cockatiel. These little guys are so much fun and I think they would make a good choice for an apartment. Or a Senegal (I'm a little biased)

The poll is done, the results are in ... I am closing this thread do to an absurd amount of spam that keeps showing up in here ... Honda, if you still need more questions answered please feel free to start a new thread that addresses any specific issues that you have ...

I hate locking threads, but I am done deleting spam out of this one specifically!

:50:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back