Not a very adventurous eater....suggestions????

Jewelz

Oct 26, 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Parrots
Black-cap Conure - 'Felix' -Hatched May. 12/2013
Peach-Face Love Bird - 'Sam' (1990-2013)
Hi Again,

I was wondering if anyone else had a hard time convincing their baby conure to try new fruits and veggies???

My Black-cap Felix is really picky it seems and I have had some issues getting him to try new fruits & veggies.... I have tried feeding him just the basics like apples, grapes, and banannas and he will only eat the grapes.... I have tried giving him tropical fruits but he won't even attempt to try them...

I have pureed them separately and together, i have tried dicing them into tiny bits and left thm as big chunks... I have tried mixing fruits & veggies together and kept them separate....

To date the only fresh produce he will eat are: grapes, kiwi, blue & black berries, pomegranite seeds, and my home-made, no fry french fries.... Oh and he likes to shred mini-pumpkins but I don't think he eats any of it....

:confused:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
My mitred conure can be picky about what foods he does eat! Sometimes it's hit or miss. He likes the latest mash I've made, which is great! But other times, unless I'm eating it, he wont eat it! And just because I'm eating it doesn't mean he'll actually eat it, either.... but he will take a bite, shake his head in disgust sending the food flying, take another bite, shake his head again, take another bite, shake his head again, take another bite... I mean, *I'M* eating it, it must be good! At which point I finally get tired of him wasting all my food and shoo him away! (not that he likes that, either! LOL)

http://www.parrotforums.com/parrot-...7-converting-parrots-healthier-diet-tips.html

bluecrownmama

Oct 27, 2013
Western Maryland
Parrots
One Blue Crown Conure
My conure will only try a new food if I hand it to him. After that I can put it in his bowl. This works especially well if done when the whole family is eating dinner-he wants to be included.

Most Reactions