LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Congratulations
🤗Newfie-N-Tx & Mummer!!🤗

Winners Of The November 2021
Photo Of The Month Contest!!

novemberpotm.jpeg

animated-bird-image-0126.gif

Last edited:

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Congrats Newfie-N-Tx on winning, you sure deserved it! And thanks to everyone else for your wonderful entries!!

Newfie-N-Tx

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Sep 9, 2021
Texas
Parrots
Double Yellow Headed Amazon, 2 Cockatiels and 2 Budgies
Thank you so much everyone! Mummer is such a special member of the family in so many unexpected ways. It has been truly amazing watching him grow alongside my son with both of them learning from and with each other.

Thanks again!

Newfie-N-Tx

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Sep 9, 2021
Texas
Parrots
Great picture. You can see the bond. Congratulations and thanks for sharing
Thank you. When I took the photo it was soon after we brought Mummer home and I could see there was something special beginning and it has just been a beautiful thing to watch grow each day.

Newfie-N-Tx

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Sep 9, 2021
Texas
Parrots
Congrats Newfie-N-Tx on winning, you sure deserved it! And thanks to everyone else for your wonderful entries!!
Thank you so much.
I showed my son this (he doesn’t always speak clearly but we have discovered he can read) and he had a big ear to ear grin. He asked if Mummer could give Mummer a few Peanuts.

Newfie-N-Tx

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Sep 9, 2021
Texas
Parrots
Yep, yep, yep. This was the heart-stealer alright.
Congrats, congrats, and more congrats. Really a one-of-a-kind.
Thank you.
We really have been fortunate that the two of them took to each other in the way they have. They both have similar personalities and an understanding of each other. They both recognize when to give each other space or when to be “silly”. They even both went through the toddler “do the opposite of what mom says” phase together! Adding Mummer to our flock has been a beautiful and rewarding experience.

Newfie-N-Tx

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Sep 9, 2021
Texas
Parrots
Congratulations Newfie-N-Tex and Mummer, an extraordinarily poignant image of loving bond!
I was very surprised that they took to each other so quickly and had such cute loving interactions. Mummer grew to be very social and a great mimic. We have been very lucky their personalities seem to have clicked.

Newfie-N-Tx

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Sep 9, 2021
Texas
Parrots
Congratulations Newfie-N-Tx & Mummer!! 🎉🎉 Such an adorable picture! ❤️
Thanks! That was one of my favorite photos of the two of them from soon after we brought Mummer home. Mummer was so young he could barely walk but went over to where my son was and they started watching a kids show together on the iPad. My son was talking away to Mummer (even if I couldn’t understand it all) and Mummer looked like he was taking it all in. They still interact like this almost the entire day. Even if now Mummers preferred spot is his playstand or the kitchen chairs. Their conversations seem to go on from morning to night.

Newfie-N-Tx

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Sep 9, 2021
Texas
Parrots
Congratulations Newfie-N-Tx & Mummer! Your pic stole my heart, seeing the start of a lifelong friendship:)
When we looked into getting another parrot we considered the ages of developmental milestones and felt like they would hit some together. So far they have and it has given us a lot more laughs and cuteness than I imagined. They really do think of each other as brothers and watching this life long bond form has been a wonderful experience for all of us.

ETinSC

Jul 29, 2021
SC
Congratulations
🤗Newfie-N-Tx & Mummer!!🤗

Winners Of The November 2021
Photo Of The Month Contest!!

View attachment 32663

animated-bird-image-0126.gif
This is an incredibly adorable picture! You can just see the mutual love between them! Congratulations! I hope and pray that one day, my little budgie will be able to come out of his shell (and cage) to interact like this. We're working at it but he is super, super skittish.

Most Reactions

Latest posts