November 2021 POTM Contest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Here’s my first and official post! This is a pic of me and my sweet girl, Peep, taking a snooze. She’s got PTSD from being grabbed by a hawk when she was a baby and has become my much-needed and loving, Velcro bird. She’s doesn’t have a cage like the others but roams freely. I love and adore all my birbs but she’s become very special to me and knows when I need her near. They’re truly amazing companions that touch our hearts in a way like no other animal can! ❤️
Such a sweet photo ❤️ Peep is a very cute girl and you two are so lucky to have each other! Birds really do touch our hearts in such a special way. Great entry :)

Hobs

Nov 9, 2021
Parrots
Green cheeked conure
This is Hobs my green cheeked conure and me.
2A9980B7-9FFA-42D6-A88B-D1145508EF92.jpeg
When we got him in August we really had no idea what a companion he would be. Fast forward to October and suddenly I was home recovering from open heart surgery at the age of 32. He has been a constant companion, source of laughter, and snack sharer, through this long unexpected journey.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
This is Hobs my green cheeked conure and me. View attachment 32032When we got him in August we really had no idea what a companion he would be. Fast forward to October and suddenly I was home recovering from open heart surgery at the age of 32. He has been a constant companion, source of laughter, and snack sharer, through this long unexpected journey.

2a9980b7-9ffa-42d6-a88b-d1145508ef92-jpeg.32032

Oh my, what a touching photo and poignant backstory - my hubby had heart surgery 16 years ago at the age of only 37 so this one gets me where I live. I wish you all the very best for a full and swift recovery! Welcome to the forums indeed to you and the delightful Hobs, and thank you so very much for this wonderful first post and contest submission!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
This is Hobs my green cheeked conure and me. View attachment 32032When we got him in August we really had no idea what a companion he would be. Fast forward to October and suddenly I was home recovering from open heart surgery at the age of 32. He has been a constant companion, source of laughter, and snack sharer, through this long unexpected journey.
Gorgeous pic of you and Hobbs. May he prove a loving and healing talisman!!

Hobs

Nov 9, 2021
Parrots
Green cheeked conure
Oh my, what a touching photo and poignant backstory - my hubby had heart surgery 16 years ago at the age of only 37 so this one gets me where I live. I wish you all the very best for a full and swift recovery! Welcome to the forums indeed to you and the delightful Hobs, and thank you so very much for this wonderful first post and contest
Gorgeous pic of you and Hobbs. May he prove a loving and healing talisman!!
Thank you !

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)

Oh my, what a touching photo and poignant backstory - my hubby had heart surgery 16 years ago at the age of only 37 so this one gets me where I live. I wish you all the very best for a full and swift recovery! Welcome to the forums indeed to you and the delightful Hobs, and thank you so very much for this wonderful first post and contest submission!
What is it about green cheeks? They're just too cute!
Hobs is a delight and thanks for the wonderful entry!

Hobs

Nov 9, 2021
Parrots
Green cheeked conure

Wow that’s so interesting, you don’t hear of many 30 something’s having heart surgery. I was in and out of cardiologist offices getting ready for surgery and was asked more than once if I was waiting for someone lol. I had an incidental finding after a car accident in September where they found a golf ball sized benign tumor inside my left atrium. Turns out the accident was a true blessing and probably saved my life.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh wow, that must have been so frightening! The car accident would have been enough of a shock but to find a tumour as well, I just can't imagine! That accident most certainly was, as you say, truly a blessing in disguise, it's incredible how that happens sometimes. My hubby had a triple coronary arterial bypass - we were both naturally quite terrified, but his excellent surgeon assured us that it was all in a day's work for him, which thankfully it was. Completely different scenario to yours of course, but that was 16 years ago now and he has barely had even a twinge ever since and I hope it is the same for you 🙏

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Official entry - Blaze and Cinder, the only 2 of their clutch so they stick together always!

Blaze (light) has always been the bigger baby, since day 1, so he's almost like a big brother to Cinder, who is smaller so they remind me of a little sister and big brother. They always huddle together in the nestbox but also don't mind coming out to see their people. Picture taken yesterday.

Attachments

• blazecinder12days.jpg
    blazecinder12days.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 259

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
just for fun pics!

Blaze and Cinder with their people companions, me and hubby!
These pictures made me smile, you look so happy! It's nice to put a face to your name:)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Official entry - Blaze and Cinder, the only 2 of their clutch so they stick together always!

Blaze (light) has always been the bigger baby, since day 1, so he's almost like a big brother to Cinder, who is smaller so they remind me of a little sister and big brother. They always huddle together in the nestbox but also don't mind coming out to see their people. Picture taken yesterday.
blazecinder12days-jpg.32077

Aaaawwwwww!!! :love: Little Blaze and Cinder setting hearts afire all over the world! And just get a look at those tiny little crests - how super sweet!!! Thank you so much for your entry and the Just for Funzees as well, they're all just beautiful!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Well, alrighty, here is my entry for the
Constant Companions POTM Contest.

I think these were some of our last days in New Mexico, mid-1990s.
The Rickeybird used to love to ride around on my shoulder as we drove to friends' houses, Renaissance Fairs, pet shops. Looking back... how reckless! Gah! That's how we rolled.
Then we moved to Ohio, and a lot of things changed. I became a lot smarter, and more careful.
And I found the Forums...
But the Rickeybird and I are still...
Constant Companions.

1McYlkO.jpg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

The Rickeybird used to love to ride around on my shoulder as we drove to friends' houses, Renaissance Fairs, pet shops. Looking back... how reckless! Gah! That's how we rolled.
Then we moved to Ohio, and a lot of things changed. I became a lot smarter, and more careful.
Constant Companions.

1McYlkO.jpg
1McYlkO.jpg

Well Aunty G, companions don't get much constanter than you and The Rb, now do they? And neither of you has aged a day in all those years either! No POTM would be complete without you, and certainly not this one :) Thank you for your entry and give the Rb an extra big kiss from his favourite (only!) Aussie aunty, won't you?!:love:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Blaze and Cinder seem so friendly!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Constant Companions.

1McYlkO.jpg
Lovely testimonial to unconditional love and enduring companionship!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts