Parrots
Full house
20221007_151603.jpg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Its definitely a trick to get parrots to pose with novel objects! Just like many of you, my parrots can have fear or uncomfortable with new objects. So I introduce in little steps, with treats and praise. This started with walking near my arrangement, and when she looked at them I gave a treat and told her how great she was. Then a few minutes later we came back and stood next to them for treats and praise. Then a few minutes later we came over and I asked her to step on the table far away from the decorations for yep treats and praise. Working towards being closer.
Just for fun one

Attachments

• 20221007_154834.jpg
    20221007_154834.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 64

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Its definitely a trick to get parrots to pose with novel objects! Just like many of you, my parrots can have fear or uncomfortable with new objects. So I introduce in little steps, with treats and praise. This started with walking near my arrangement, and when she looked at them I gave a treat and told her how great she was. Then a few minutes later we came back and stood next to them for treats and praise. Then a few minutes later we came over and I asked her to step on the table far away from the decorations for yep treats and praise. Working towards being closer.
Just for fun one
Those adorable, demonic red eyes…

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Oh man, we might already have a winner. This is such a good one Stormy!
Aww, thanks! @Terry57 is there any chance you can include the caption in the poll? I really don’t want to edit the image to put it on, because I feel like it will distract from the cute little witch.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Here are a few tricks by Salty. First one is JFF,
We do this 99% of the time during his nightly trick training sessions and have for the better part of 5 years. As a result, Salty thinks about putting his harness on about as much as he thinks about scratching himself.
Harness training with Salty

And this one is this year's Entry for October
Trick or Treat with Salty 2022
Trick or Treat Oct 2022

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Here are a few tricks by Salty. First one is JFF,
We do this 99% of the time during his nightly trick training sessions and have for the better part of 5 years. As a result, Salty thinks about putting his harness on about as much as he thinks about scratching himself.
Harness training with Salty

And this one is this year's Entry for October
Trick or Treat with Salty 2022
Trick or Treat Oct 2022
Yay, Salty! Al, you do such an awesome job with him, I love seeing his tricks. No bones about it! ;) Hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts