October 2021 POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Just for fun.. ^_^

Another Sunbathing... :D

They are getting along well so far.... Sleeping in the same cage, and have been in the same cage for weeks...

He is getting so big.... and the spiky hair (feathers) do...:D

Few avian couples more splendid than spectacular Ekkies! Pleased to see Kise and Akashi sharing a perch in bliss!!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

:) JFF :p
Getting along well so far.... :D

Akashi is bigger than Kise right??? :D
Not even three months old.
These two keep me busy alright... **CHILLS**

Akashi also looks bigger to me, wow!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
As promised, here is Salty's and my entry for this month.
He literally learned the trick last night, and got it right on the 3rd try.
He is so freakin' smart, it's spooky.

Salty has trick or treating perfected! I agree, Salty is incredibly smart as well as beautiful:)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Salty, our beloved trick or treat fid!!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)

He's so unbelievably cute! What a wonderful video of a smart and adorable boy. Raking in the treats there :)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie

My gosh, how precious Salty is! I love the end how the just layed the bone horizontaly and is like "ok, the thing is there, now where's my treat"

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Oh yeah, he definitely knows the bone should go IN the pumpkin. I've always said that parrots understand the concept of cheating. When he cheats in other tricks, I'll say 'Fix that' and he will do so. For the sake of brevity in this video I let it slide for the last bone.

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Oh yeah, he definitely knows the bone should go IN the pumpkin. I've always said that parrots understand the concept of cheating. When he cheats in other tricks, I'll say 'Fix that' and he will do so. For the sake of brevity in this video I let it slide for the last bone.
Reminds me of Aina (partner's senegal) when she has to put the blue bottle caps into the blue bowl, and the yellow ones into the yellow bowl.

Sometimes she tries to either put all it the same bowl OR take one cap from one bowl and put into another... or do complete opposites.

It has been 5 years or more since she learned it and still cannot grasp the concept or the trick 🤦‍♀️

Is there any trick Salty will start doing when he wants to train/play?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I honestly run out of words for our Salty...
Okay, where's my thesaurus?
Alrighty.
That's a start!
I don't know that Salty is all of those 43 attributes, Gale. He's smart enough to get angry with me for not being home in time to put him to bed last night at his appointed time of 10:00 PM, and delivering a nip to remind me! Smartness in a parrot is a double edged sword! Talk about a real Trick(nip) or Treat(accepting a head scratch).

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I love this! The ekkie freeze part in the beginning made me laugh. My Ekko is the only one of our birds who can sit absolutely still like that. I'm so happy they are getting along so well:)
If I was a "non bird person" and saw these vid's and photo's I'd be amazed. However,being a birdy guy, I am AMAZED! :D All of these entries and JFF's are spectacular( as always) Going to be so difficult to chose (again...as ALWAYS LOL) Al and his Salty Boy are so in tune with each other. I LOL sooo hard when I hear him laugh (Salty...not Al) and that evil OOooohhh at the end gets me every time. My fav Salty vid,posted awhile back,is when Saltmiester does the slide trick then he eagerly runs back to do it again while laughing and saying OOoohhh! Awesome job Salty,and Al of course!

Jim

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
Horrible quality photo, but it's the best I could do because I didn't want to move and took this on my PC camera on a very dark rainy day, BUT…
WIN_20211016_10_08_11_Pro.jpg

here is my baby Paisley snuggling up to me, which is THE ultimate and the best TREAT I could ever ask for since up until today, she was completely afraid of my hands and/or body parts! Huge progress for the sweetheart and I! Very happy:) :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
View attachment 31425

here is my baby Paisley snuggling up to me, which is THE ultimate and the best TREAT I could ever ask for since up until today, she was completely afraid of my hands and/or body parts! Huge progress for the sweetheart and I! Very happy:) :)
You certainly are right about that Farnoosh. No more awe-inspiring treat than winning the trust of a sweet little soul like Paisley. Beautiful pic, my friend! ❤️

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Horrible quality photo, but it's the best I could do because I didn't want to move and took this on my PC camera on a very dark rainy day, BUT… View attachment 31425

Love this pic for several reasons.... Huge breakthrough for you and Paisley!! Image has ethereal tone with ghostly image of background painting and shading of walls. Quite perfect for Halloween theme!

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
Love this pic for several reasons.... Huge breakthrough for you and Paisley!! Image has ethereal tone with ghostly image of background painting and shading of walls. Quite perfect for Halloween theme!
awww thank you Scott! Ha ha you're right, it does have a nice Halloween feel after all! Thank you!:D:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts