October POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts

Jack and Poppy are excited to announce October's POTM Contest! The theme is Trick or Treat! We encourage everyone to enter this month! If your parrot doesn't mind wearing a costume, by all means dress your little trick or treaters up for a photo shoot. If your parrot prefers to wear feathers only there's still every reason to enter, you may use props or even photoshop your pics this month, be creative, use your imagination, the choice is yours (your parrot's). Please keep safety in mind during photoshoots and wardrobe changes. :)

*Just For Fun* photos are always welcome but please designate a single photo as your official entry. Poppy doesn't want any pet to feel left out at Halloween so she is inviting all family pets to enter a *Just For Fun* pic!
**Predators and prey in the same photo will not be posted. Thank you for understanding.

Enjoy the contest!

The contest will remain open thru October 28, polls will be open from October 29 thru October 31, the winner will be announced on November 1. The winner will receive a one year Supporting membership and the winning photo will be on our home page thru the month of November.

*We recommend using Imgur, ParrotForums, or a hosting site of your choice as photos uploaded from Photobucket continue to disappear.

Last edited:

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
The Rbirdie has a costume, oh wait, he doesn't need one.
lol
lol
lol
3N06nOS.jpg

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Love the Rickeybird's red appendages and tools! Wonder if this is how he sees himself??!! :D

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Love the Rickeybird's red appendages and tools! Wonder if this is how he sees himself??!! :D

Nah RB sees himself with a crown on and above that a halo

True, that is RB's perception in the real world. In an alternate universe, he has a targeting helmet and a high energy laser pod between his feet! :D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
RB fits right in with this month's fantastic theme!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I'm sure this is posted somewhere but how many submissions can we post, I had two good ideas with the available props I have....

nevermind....I found it, I'll post one then a not for contest one once I work out the logistics....

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Y'all ALL have the Rb's number, totally and completely!
It's a relief to know he's not fooling ANYBODY.

Carl, if you can make THAT little angel look scary, well... you're better than Chris Angel, dude!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Awesome theme (and example pics) for POTM, Allee! Looking forward to all of the entries, and already enjoying the first two!

And Carl_Power, who says he has to look scary? He can be the angel to RB's devil! Lol!

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
carl_power-albums-xander-quaker-parrot-picture18669-20170926-105812.jpg

How can I make him look scary lol :) I will try though.

Darling photo, your little guy has obviously decided on, angelic quaker as his Halloween disguise!

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
I was encouraged to enter so I guess here it is. This is the cheesiest thing I've ever edited and I'm mildly ashamed but also laughing like an idiot.
8c2b4ac88958a9102948c89e48b3af2c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I was encouraged to enter so I guess here it is. This is the cheesiest thing I've ever edited and I'm mildly ashamed but also laughing like an idiot.

This is so awesome, I am laughing with you.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Thanks for entering, you had an excellent canvas to work with and did a masterful job editing!!!!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I'm seeing a theme here with how the parrots who've "dressed up" see themselves, reflected by their choice of Halloween costume:p I notice none of them are dressing up like doctors, police/fire birds, angels etc...:eek::16:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions