meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Ya, well as with most cages they come with a few dowels. I usually keep one dowel in.. and the rest of the dowels i replace with rope, conditioning, and natural perches. I have a few conditioning perches from a few months ago(they were on sale i got a few of em).. and ill get a few more rope perches and one thing that my tiels are really lacking in there cage is natural perches.. they only have one.. so ill get a few natural perches aswell, maybe another for my tiels and a one for my senegal. I think im gunna do a little shopping tomorrow.. but i dont want to buy too much now because its not for a while that im getting the birdy, and also i might lose the stuff! I have a bunch of toys that ive baught for my tiels that i switch around and stuff.. but ill buy some more brand new ones for the sennie. Ill also make a few. Oh and what size pellets do they eat? cockatiel sized? ... i usually buy lafebers or roudybush for my tiels. for lafebers.. well i buy the cockatiel sized..a nd for roudy bush i buy mini sized... would it be about the same size for a senegal?

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
My senegals favorite toys are:

-anything wood (they love to chew up wood, but always buy safe wood of course)
-foot toys, they love foot toys
-shreddable toys (they like to shred stuff)
-preening toys (thats usually me when she out on my shoulder :D )
-mirror (she loves her self and likes to see herself and how pretty she is)
-any toy that hangs they really enjoy swinging around upside down
A great and cheap foot toy I use all the time is cat ball toys, like in my picture with a little bell in it. Rope perches are Popsicles favorite I have one that goes in a spiral from the top of her cage to the bottom and its springy she loves bouncing on it.

Cockatiel sized food is fine for a senegal. In the roudybush I would get the mini but small can be used. The smaller the food typically the less mess and waste, TYPICALLY.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
The Bourkes and Linnies here don't really play with toys at all, but the love wood, ropes and mirrors, the other little guys love the acrylic toys, and ropes. Bucc likes anything he can shread, wood ropes but his favourite is his plastic chain. He loves bells, so I got him an acrylic one so he can't destroy it in a matter of seconds. Kito is just beginning to play but seems to love most things, his favourite ones at the moment are his little willow ring and fan, The ring he can only have when he is out of the cage as he manages to get it over his head, and then just stands there and cries. :D The nice thing about willow is that it is always easy to get off, if it won't go back over the head it can be cut away. Kito's favourite thing at the moment is bath time, he will splash around and have real fun, getting him out is a bit of a problem, he hates coming out, but LOVES being snuggled up in a towel when I'm drying him. Both Bucc and Kito love to shread things so paper is great,

Also got Bucc a calcium perch, that lasted him about 5 mins before it was gone. :rolleyes:

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
My senegals favorite toys are:

-anything wood (they love to chew up wood, but always buy safe wood of course)
-foot toys, they love foot toys
-shreddable toys (they like to shred stuff)
-preening toys (thats usually me when she out on my shoulder :D )
-mirror (she loves her self and likes to see herself and how pretty she is)
-any toy that hangs they really enjoy swinging around upside down
A great and cheap foot toy I use all the time is cat ball toys, like in my picture with a little bell in it. Rope perches are Popsicles favorite I have one that goes in a spiral from the top of her cage to the bottom and its springy she loves bouncing on it.

Cockatiel sized food is fine for a senegal. In the roudybush I would get the mini but small can be used. The smaller the food typically the less mess and waste, TYPICALLY.

but with cat toys, can you just put them in there cage or do you have to watch them because some of them have big opening slots/holes where they can get there foot stuck... so basicly just havea variety of everything....?

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
but with cat toys, can you just put them in there cage or do you have to watch them because some of them have big opening slots/holes where they can get there foot stuck... so basicly just havea variety of everything....?

Yeah the ones with the holes in I would watch out for, but if they havent got holes in then its fine, Bucc has a lot of Dog toys that he loves, also his dog bone, that has been well worth the money I paid, he can chew it climb on it and even throw it (I have it wedged inside the bars of his cage) up the bars, makes a lovely noise. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts