birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
that might be a great idea As much as I lvoe conures Senegals are great birds all the ones I've met have been really nice!!! and I love their short littl tails I was considering one but they are harder to find around here than conures :)Senegal or Conure you can't go wrong!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Meghan I really do hope your not THAT clever, you'll put us all to shame. :D :D :D :D

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
lol ok we had a pop quiz in science so i couldn't do it then but i managed to do atleast read and highlight the important parts in socials.but but i was talking it over with my mom last night and she said.. i can get both BUT i decided to start off with one at a time. so i know of a few breeders.. the breeder where im planning on getting my sun from breeds senagals too.. so im just going get which ever ones he has available first.. but ya im saving up for my both still.. so im gunna geta stacking cage.. and for quarrintine im gunna get a cheep cage and jus take it out alot aathen it will move in to a huge cage when its a month old. My mom really likes the senegal though but she also really likes the colours and stuff of the sun..also i have it all planned out ill have atleast 550 by august.. and my moms paying half of the cage and bird so ya.... im happy.. which is perfect ebcause the breeder says its usually to hot for them to breed in the summer so he doesm't breed till around near the end of the year when its cooled downa little. so say if its 775 for the sun so if i'd pay 388 bux athen that leaves me enough for the cage im planning on getting which is about 270$ athen half of that is 135 bux so that totals it up to 525 bux or so? and ill geta few babysitting jobs and also my mom said shed raise my allowence if i can get atleast c in all my courses( which is what im getting now anyway... before i was failing lol) so that would leave even more money for the toys and other fancy stuff! and also i have an old budgie cage in the basement tthat i can use for carrying. or i can use the the container the tiel breeder gave me.

Last edited:

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
... also my mom said shed raise my allowence if i can get atleast c in all my courses (which is what im getting now anyway... before i was failing lol).

Oh, I don't know maybe if you'd stop trying to read pamphlets about birds in class and start ... oh, I don't know maybe PAYING ATTENTION you wouldn't be failing ... :eek:

I'm not trying to be mean about this, but I am about 2 semesters from being a TEACHER! And, if I were a parent, I would hope that my daughter wasn't acting this way in class ...

~ Tex :50:

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Oh, I don't know maybe if you'd stop trying to read pamphlets about birds in class and start ... oh, I don't know maybe PAYING ATTENTION you wouldn't be failing ... :eek:

I'm not trying to be mean about this, but I am about 2 semesters from being a TEACHER! And, if I were a parent, I would hope that my daughter wasn't acting this way in class ...

~ Tex :50:

oh gosh but you havent met my science teacher.. anf you ahve no idea how annoying he is and how boring he is! and plus im passing now.. i was only failing science and i was only failing it cuz i never did home work. My fave math teacher got fired... so now i have a boring teacher again. what kind of teacher are gunna eb like.. highschool.. elementary.. and if its highschool what are planning on teaching like.. math, science..english..... etc.... and also my mo doesn;t care aslong as im passing.

Last edited:
OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Tracy, how much did you pay for your Senegal, over here in British Columbia there about 700$ i was just wondering if thats over priced or average or whatever.

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Ok, i found a really good senegal breeder(or atleast i think so). She Mainly does sengals but also breeds meyers aswell.She charges 565$ for the baby/bird, and an extra 25$ for dna test. Heres the site if you wannna take a looky tell me what your thaughts are on them.

http://www.flewthecoop.ca/

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
senegals here are 300ish as wells as suns and jendays Meghan I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!! I can't imagine the excitement teo wonderful birds I couldn't contain myself!!!

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
senegals here are 300ish as wells as suns and jendays Meghan I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!! I can't imagine the excitement teo wonderful birds I couldn't contain myself!!!
lol well i think im gunna start witha senegal then 6 months to a year later ill get a sun.. or when ever i ahve the money lol

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Meghan that looks like a good place and I like that they are picky over who gets to have a baby senegal. I have the same cage for Popsicle as she uses for her breeders. Its at Petcetera for $220 and has lots of space. Its called the Derio.

I paid $900 for Popsicle but I feel in love with her at the pet store when I worked there so I had to have her even if it cost a lot more money.

Good luck with what ever you do choose.

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
OK well i think, im going to do is, get a senegal athen about 6 months to year later or so ill get my conure. I think im going to buy a stacking cage that.. although i havent quite decided on a cage yet,or what type.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I love the idea that they are picky who gets a bird. IMO more breeders should be more picky, the true bird people wouldn't mind and hopefully it would weed out the people who only think its cool to own a bird, and then leave them in a cage 24/7 or worse.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
I love the idea of you getting a senegal, its an excellent choice! I love my ekkie, cause they dont mind sitting around just watching everything. But since you are still in school its great to have a interactive bird.

Altough they can be a handfull sometimes they really make the most gorgeous petbirds around. My friend has one and he is so busy and so over his human its impossible. His eyes are the best, they are so interesting moveng around and... aaah you'll see when you get yours.

Congrats on finding the right fid for you! Keep us updated when getting the right one!!!

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Senegals are wonderful birds you will have so much and do so much laughing when you get one. :D

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
All these people getting new birds...ahhh... I somehow need to supress the intense desire to go spend my tuition money on a new bird now.

I'll just keep telling myself 'a few more years when I'm done with everything, a few more years...'

And to be honest with myself, I wouldn't have time for it at all. I've been feeling guilty enough lately about not spending a lot of time with Sisqo. Imagine throwing another one in the mix! So here's the job for all of you...if you ever hear me talking about getting a new bird before May of 2008, smack me and talk me back to my senses

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
So here's the job for all of you...if you ever hear me talking about getting a new bird before May of 2008, smack me and talk me back to my senses

:18: :18: :18: :18:

Okay Nicole we'll do that small thing for ya.

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
well i got an email back from the breeder, she lives not far from where i live.. not far at all! uhh she says she has 2 that jus hatched a 2 weeks ago, but she says she'll be breeding another pair once she pulls those other guys out for hand feeding and theyd be ready by june or july so that would be goood.:D i cant wait!

Last edited:
OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Is there any toys that senegals or ya like in particular?... or is it more personality than anything with that? do they like foot toys?... whats your birds fave toys? so i know what sort of things to buy.

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Be carful with hoop like toys Sidney loves to weave in and out of them and he had one that his head could go through and the rest of him couldn't - I had to take it away because he was so determined. I think any bird LOVES things he can shread! a good assortment will due for starters then you will know what he really likes start with
* bell toys
* Rope/preening toys
* shreddable toys
* Bells and shiny toys
* mirrors should be ok with those breeds but keep an eye on them in case your bird starts getting attached to the image

I'm sure you know an assortment of perches is just as important as toys

Ohh and anything acrylic
start with just a small asortment then you will know more what to go with

Most Reactions