Open to Suggestions - Budgie Regurgitation Problem

huboltzmann

Apr 25, 2020
[FONT=&quot]Hello everyone, I have just joined the forum.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have a yellow male budgie.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In normal life, I have been feeding him primarily with "VERSELLE LAGA Prestige Budgie" seeds including oats, safflower, millet. Apart from these seeds, each day (only once a day) we are giving a very small amount (like a teaspoon) vegetables and fruits such as apple, carrot, tomato or cucumber. Apart from this, he has fresh bottled water every day. Occasionally, I'm giving multivitamin on his water. Very rarely, I'm giving boiled egg white. He is kind of a free bird which his cage is always open unless I'm not cooking or there is no danger to his health. This is the daily routine of my best buddy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]About 8 months ago, he has been away from me 10 days. In these 10 days, first, he began throwing up everything that he ate. Then he stopped talking and shows strong signs of a sick bird. When I arrived, I have seen that the cage was totally dirty and he was in a real bad shape. Afterwards, with the help of a veterinarian, we have given FLUCAN as an anti-fungal treatment. Then he has regained his energy but never stopped regurgitating since then. He is eating his seeds, walking or talking a bit then he regurgitates to his perch. He is definitely not throwing up unintentionally but he only regurgitates his perch to specific place. However, he is throwing up like he is feeding another bird and eating his own puke again. The puke contains totally undigested seeds. The cycles go on in a day. When he is out from his cage, he doesn’t regurgitate on any kind of object (except mirror but it’s very small amount). This situation going on like 8 months. The veterinarians that we have been through couldn't identify the problem. There is only one veterinarian stated that he may have a liver disease. However, he refused to treat because he has no idea about the treatment.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]About a month ago, my bird shows a sign of diarrhea. In the beginning, the white side of the poop was watery, however, the green side was fine. The shape was circular. However, until then his poop becomes completely watery. Immediately, I have taken him to the veterinarian immediately. Then, he is been prescribed antibiotics and anti-fungal treatment. His poop became normal and he gained his energy a lot. However, he started to regurgitate 1 week ago just after the antibiotics are finished. We contacted with veterinarian immediately and he is been prescribed antibiotics again for another month. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I tried to give you very brief introduction to my bird’s health and his daily routine. This is the 5th veterinarian we are going through but I couldn't find a solution for his behavior. (I live in France)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm more concerned that regurgitation could be a behavioral problem. [/FONT]If anyone had encountered a problem such as this, I'm open to any suggestion.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts