ozarkmama

ozarkmama

Jul 19, 2009
Hello all,
My name is Eileen, my Pogo name is Ozarkmama1_.
I have an african grey named Josie (JoJo) I got it when it was about 5 weeks old and hand fed it. It is 2 years old now and has quite a large vocabulary. Of course everyones baby is the smartest as you know.
I live in Missouri. My husband passed away Mar 31 2009 about 3 months ago. I cant believe a bird could miss anyone like JoJo misses him. Every day, every time he goes into his talking time, he calls his papa and ask where is my papa he go work? he go byebye?
I dont know its sex yet but and anxious to go find out.
There are so many things I dont know about parrots and I am so happy I stumbled upon this site, quite by accident.
Am looking forward to talking to others that have africans.

Eileen:green2:

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
Welcome Eileen,

I'm sorry to hear about your husband - birds certainly can and do mourn the loss of a family member. In many respects they are more social of an animal that humans are. But just as you will learn to accept the loss so will he - on the bright side the two of you can work through it together.

Many of us don't know the sex of our birds, and for a good portion of us thats not a concern at all - we just choose a pronoun we like. I have to admit I cringed a bit each time I read "it" in your post referring to JoJo. I call my Auggie a he but I am not certain nor do I need to be - he is a he to me.

Most Reactions