SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Please note:

Baby Bird Bands
For those of you Breeding birds, L&M Bird Bands has closed. The owner passed away suddenly in his sleep. https://lmbirdlegbands.com/

Red Bird Products is your new option. If you need bands, you should get your orders in soon. http://www.redbirdproducts.com/

Do not call with requests to identify your Parrots Band information as they will not have that information!!

Newfie-N-Tx

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Sep 9, 2021
Texas
Parrots
Double Yellow Headed Amazon, 2 Cockatiels and 2 Budgies
Thanks Sailboat,
When I got our DYH the breeder had said it would be a wait for the bands because of back orders and was going to try another supplier. He had said he’s been using L&M and seemed pretty frustrated about not getting the bands in and not knowing why. I’ll mention this to him since I see him fairly often and it’s understandable why there’s been a hold up.

OP
SailBoat

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
At this point, I would recommend that you consider having your sweet baby Microchipped as it becomes both a legal and safe way to prove ownership of you DYHA. After all, your dear sweetheart can live into his 70's.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Oops, I got the title of the thread wrong....
Salty band.jpg

Newfie-N-Tx

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Sep 9, 2021
Texas
Parrots
Double Yellow Headed Amazon, 2 Cockatiels and 2 Budgies
At this point, I would recommend that you consider having your sweet baby Microchipped as it becomes both a legal and safe way to prove ownership of you DYHA. After all, your dear sweetheart can live into his 70's.
I had asked at the vet about microchipping him when we went for our first wellness visit and when I mentioned microchipping to the assistant he looked at me like I had had two heads, or like I was the double head! Haha. When the vet came in he explained the process but later when the assistant came back in he told me that they didn’t microchip birds because they don’t have skin to hold onto to do it because it’s a big needle. I have to take him back for a beak trim soon so I will ask again. I am not comfortable with him not having any ID besides the hatch certificate and the DNA results.

Most Reactions

Latest posts