Parrot survey

JZSCA

Oct 15, 2014
Hello, my name is Jessica Hadfield. I am a second year animal management student, with a love of parrots and for my end of year thesis i am doing a study on African Greys (Congo and Timneh). I have an interest in animal welfare and have decided to do my thesis on the abnormal behaviour displayed by these parrots in captivity. In order to try and work out what causes problems and ultimately try to develop methods to help affected birds and prevent it from happening to future birds. I have designed a short survey to gather data and would really appreciate it if any members here would be willing to complete my survey. The survey is completely confidential and not designed to be judgemental in anyway. I have included a link below and would appreciate it if as many as possible would fill it in.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B25P8NT

Thankyou in advance
Jessica

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Are you interested only in African Greys or other parrots too? How to fill it if you have multiple parrots? :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Took your survey and filled it in about my CAG. Good luck with your thesis!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I started to take it, but I don't think my input would be very helpful in that format, and none of mine are self harmers. I have had a screamer that I rehabilitated, she was hand raised and I do not know when it started since I have only had her a few months.

Also, parrots come in species, not breeds. You most likely want to be sure to use the terms correctly in your thesis. In my experience, co-parented parrots who were weaned naturally by their parents and allowed to fully fledge have the fewest behavioral issues, are the most confident, most adaptable, and have the least problems during puberty. If you want more details on why I think that and what I have seen I would be glad to converse with you.

Most Reactions