Parrots to get

Aquatic7

Jan 4, 2024
Parrots
Zeus the Bearded Dragon (I dont have a parrot ): )
As of writing this, I don't have any parrots, but have been looking to get one for a while.
I've been researching Parrots for several months and now a lot about the ups and downs of several species, I'm currently pretty certain about the type of bird I want, but would like to know your opinions on some of the best birds to own and love.
Currently, the ones I'm closest to getting are Cockatiels or a Quaker Parrot/Parakeet, I've seen a lot of people talking about one species or another, but I'm wondering about others' experiences with these birds and what might be best for me, its hard to find good solid info, and I'd love to hear some, what would you say is the best? What are the pros and cons, ETC.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My Cockatiels would be perfect if not for one big problem.
It’s called night fright.
But with my Tiels it can happen any time night/day.
They get spooked by unknown things and flap around inside the cage and injure themselves.
IT’s 2/3 of my 5 cockatiels that have this problem not all.
But we have to be prepared to patch up bleeding blood 🩸 feathers at a moments notice.

Quakers are ilegal in California.

OP
Aquatic7

Aquatic7

Jan 4, 2024
Parrots
Zeus the Bearded Dragon (I dont have a parrot ): )
My Cockatiels would be perfect if not for one big problem.
It’s called night fright.
But with my Tiels it can happen any time night/day.
They get spooked by unknown things and flap around inside the cage and injure themselves.
IT’s 2/3 of my 5 cockatiels that have this problem not all.
But we have to be prepared to patch up bleeding blood 🩸 feathers at a moments notice.

Quakers are ilegal in California.
Already have learned something new! Thanks! Thats really interesting, and I'll definitely look into that a bit.

Most Reactions

Latest posts