Personality - Quakers

Jez

May 19, 2009
NY
You might see this in a dif. category, about a dif. bird. I'm not spamming, I just want to hear from owners of these birds, and just tell me a bit about yours:
Personality - Nippy? Moody?
Cuddly? - Can he stay on your shoulder for a while or will he be jumping around?
Demanding? How demanding is he attention wise?
Bonding - How did it bond?
Hopefully getting one soon! Let me know about yours!
:orange:
Jez:rainbow1:

K C's Mom

Nov 2, 2007
Wayne Michigan
Parrots
KC my beloved Eckie
Kaylee my wild amazon
Opy my lil baby boy quaker
Opy my Quaker is I would say mild mannered, he does not bite and loves to hang on your shoulder , not saying he hasn't ever bitten before lol he did when we firt got him but all was new to him he has actually done quite well in the 2 months we have had him, it takes time for them to get to know u and now he feels at home, he will be a year old in september and is starting to talk up a storm, and yesssssss they are very cuddly birds, u are gonna love your new quaker

OP
Jez

Jez

May 19, 2009
NY
Thanks!
All these great comments on all the birs I'm thinking of is driving me crazy!! ;)

Snowhite

Jan 3, 2010
florida
Parrots
3 year old Blue Quaker Parrot
I've only had mine since X-mas, she like to bite when you try to get her off the cage. But she is getting better.

Beatriz Cazeneuve

Banned
Banned
Dec 10, 2009
Poconos, Pa, USA
Quakers are loud, cantankerous and nippy. It's their nature, and even though they are very good when young, they do change as they get older. Don't misunderstand me, I adore quakers! They are my very favorite species of psittacine! I love the fact that they are great eaters and bathers, hardy, independent and smart and that they are the ultimate survivors. These little birds hardly ever give up. If they don't like their life, they'll fight it until the end. I just took in three from another rescue because they were deemed completely unadoptable: a bonded pair named Hell and Chaos and a supposedly incredibly aggressive male named Randolph. But the bonded pair is doing great, eating up a storm and, this morning, when I left the birdroom, they were taking a good bath. And, it seems to me that Randolph is a little girl who is just plain scared and distrustful of people even though, deep inside, she likes them because she hasn't attacked me once (she used to let herself out of the cage and attack the volunteers) since she came to me last Saturday and, last night, she flew to my hand and perched there twice without a single sign of aggression. Plus, this morning, she said Hi to me when I talked to her. People misunderstand them and label them aggressive when the only problem is that they don't want to be in a cage...

trekkiejen

Feb 18, 2010
hello. years ago my first parrot was a quaker. she was a rescue. disabled, and with a questionable past. i fell in love immediately. i built her special perches, and abed because she wobbleda little. from my experience with her, sophie they are a huge bundle of personality in a sweet little package. the like what they like and usually get it. smart, sweet, busy and perfect. if you have the time, the rewards are more than you could hope for. time is important though. they need love. jennifer.

Most Reactions

Latest posts