Pictures of My Birds @ Work!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
So I took Savannah to the store for the first time today and it has gone very well! She is in her old cage from her previous home. It needs some work, but it will do for now. I also took some photos of Quincy. He's been here quite a few times. I'm hoping to bring them about 3 times of week if it continues to go well! The pictures were taken on my phone. So they are not the best. I left my camera at home, duh!

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture8560-savannah-candy-land.jpg

Savannah in candy land!

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture8561-savannah-work.jpg

Savannah hanging out!

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture8562-savannah-work.jpg

Savannah looking cute!

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture8563-savannah-work.jpg

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture8564-quincy-work.jpg

Quincy in his work cage.

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture8565-quincy-work.jpg

Quincy wanting to chomp my phone!

how do you transport them? Ive always wondered that, Ive seen people speak of travel cages, but ive also seen (youtube) people carry their parrots out to the car and take road trips without a cage in sight.

I use metal dog crates. I will try to take photos and post them for you.

This is so neat thank you for sharing!!!

You're Welcome! :D

THIS is me right now --> :D <--

AWESOME pictures, Blanca! How is Savannah liking it?? She is just SO gorgeous! As is Quincy!!

And your store???? WHAT a pity you are not in driving distance. :(

Thank you so SO much for posting this. :D

Great photos. Look a your big smile.... Could u be any happier!

Wendy - I think she is enjoying being here with her flock most of all. A little nervous when I walk her around (I do this when the store is empty to get her used to the space) but other then that she seems pretty relaxed. She won't hang out of her cage to long. I'm not surprised as this is all new. I love my store and watching the kid in kids and adults alike come out! Love hearing stories of when people were kids, too! This is the happiest I've ever been in a career. Hopefully I can do it for many years to come!

WannaBe - I am so happy that I can bring my birdie babies with me! :D Hopefully I can bring them in about 3 times a week. So they can always have a day of rest in between! I will probably build up to that with Savannah.

So, is there any chance you want 2 helpers at your candy store, i promise Fargo and I are both GREAT workers :09::54: hahahaha

Savannah looks very happy! :D
They are both very beautiful!

Tab - Gee...funny thing is....I get asked that all the time. I wonder why? Hhhmmmm :33: LOL! I think Fargo would have all the girls melting in his tiny little claw. :D

Coming home went well. Savannah was glad to be home. Understandable, I'm sure the it was a lot to take in on one day. We will try it again one day next week!

Last edited:
That's awesome, and your store looks AMAZING! I want to go but I live in CA *cry*.

wow, her old cage does need some work, it's nice that you kept it for the store. What plans do you have to fix it up?

I'm so glad to see you taking them out and about. Good job!! Your birds will be so much happier.

I am sure they bring many more customers to the store.

Copper - I ship! ;) I have a call into someone right now to get a quote on having it powder coated again. I am still waiting to hear back!

Henpecked - I think taking them out and about will socialize them better. They are actually going to my daughters school in a week and a half!

Lotosha - the customers really enjoy the birds. If Quincy is not there they always ask how he is doing. I'm sure now that Savannah is coming they will be looking for her, too!

So I did some research on repainting her old cage. I'm a little worried about the cost of powder coating. I think it's going to cost me more then buying her a new cage. I still haven't heard back from the guy I called! Since it will only be used part time at work, I decided to do some research. Turns out you can use any household paint to paint a bird cage. A high quality high gloss spray paint is what is recommended. I may decide to go that route if powder coating turns out to be really expensive! This may be a DIY project in my near future!

I took Hahnzel to the office today thinking it would be in and out. Turned into an impromptu meeting with Hahnzel perched atop my head the whole time. I cant imagine what my boss was thinking. Then as I made my way to get some paper supplies he squawked really loudly as a staff meeting was getting out. I think he scared the crap out of one girls. Needless to say he will stay home on future office days.

Oh can you post pics of them in the dog crates? Pretty please! I've been thinking of getting some for my girls for travel :)

Goalerjones - That must have been fun for your co-workers to watch! Glad you were able to bring your birdie to work, too! Of course, after you scared the crap out of them, probably better to stick the home office. LOL!

Devann - I will be taking them again next week and will try to remember to take pictures of them in their crates and post them here. :)

I bet the birds love seeing all the colorful things in the store. Candy stores always look so happy! I am also very curious about your travel cage. I'm really hoping to get Frankie (B&G Macaw) used to traveling. I bought a medium dog crate for her to bring her home, but her first ride was rather stressful so she didn't eat or drink anything. I'm curious to see what your setup looks like.

I keep forgetting to take photos of them in there crates. I will try this week! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back