Pitbulls? Love 'em, hate 'em. Discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcw009

Apr 21, 2011
VA
Parrots
Icarus the Moustached Parakeet, Smudge, Pudge (RIP), and Floki the Budgies
LOL @ Teddy Roosevelt owning a pit. He probably picked the breed because he thought it WAS ready and willing to rip people into shreds.

I think Sadie went into a blind rage before reading really anything I said in my prior posts (And then apparently broke her shift key while pounding out exclamation points. Wait, I thought she was "Done here" anyway...?)

My coworker was friends with someone who was crushed to death by an elephant. It was treat time at the zoo, and the animal turned and she became caught between its body and the wall. The elephant wasn't being aggressive or poorly trained; she was merely in a bad position and it didn't know she was there. If you don't think size and strength are factors to consider when discussing the potential danger of an animal, you are delusional. I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would disagree that it's worse when a pitbull turns aggressive than when a yorkie does.

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
LOL @ Teddy Roosevelt owning a pit. He probably picked the breed because he thought it WAS ready and willing to rip people into shreds.

I think Sadie went into a blind rage before reading really anything I said in my prior posts (And then apparently broke her shift key while pounding out exclamation points. Wait, I thought she was "Done here" anyway...?)

My coworker was friends with someone who was crushed to death by an elephant. It was treat time at the zoo, and the animal turned and she became caught between its body and the wall. The elephant wasn't being aggressive or poorly trained; she was merely in a bad position and it didn't know she was there. If you don't think size and strength are factors to consider when discussing the potential danger of an animal, you are delusional. I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would disagree that it's worse when a pitbull turns aggressive than when a yorkie does.

Ok i was done until you called me out. Im sure glad i dont own an elephant!!! oh ouch...stupid exclamation again! really need to get my computer fixed... ill look into that in a jiffy dont you worry ;)
Size IS a factor and if you havent read in my prior post a "blood thirsty" jack russel is a lot less scary than a "blood thirsty" pit and thats why they need a RESPONSIBLE owner. and im sure helen kellers parents were hoping she would get her face mauled off right? it would be less stress having to deal with her issues after all.
If you think a breed needs to be put down after so many attacks the small breeds should have been done in years ago. It doesnt boil down to size but how you handle your animals because my point through all of this is a dog Is a dog. Certain people should and shouldnt own them. Just like some people shouldnt own the gsp or husky. Unfortunately they are an overabundance of pits and not everyone is capable of handling them. so therefore blame the people that take responsibly of these animals. I am working with a group that is free spay and neuter for pit bulls. they make up most of 80% of shelters where i am and sadly because of stereotypes and people like you they get looked over. I think they are over bred and the people doing this are most often the people fighting them. The current APBT is a far cry from the ones a few years back and having them spayed/neutered is the only way to start selective breeding all over again to return these dogs to the past state.

you my friend seem to have a redneck point of view where if it doesnt fit into your norm we should KILL IT!
i didnt want to bring race into this but since someone else did it is the same as hating African Americans per say because most of our jails are populated with men of that color. So lets go and cull the whole race because they werent brought up to know any better and drug dealing/ crime is a normal way of life for them. Or we could instead say hey im not racist and look at all the great african american men making life a better place and judge an individual not a whole population. Being breed racist is the same exact thing! i hear about shootings every day on the news but i wont go into my local grocery store and hide in fear because a particular color or nationality is also shopping there. do you? A few bad people raised with a certain mentality and they all need to be eliminated right? sure!

I encourage everyone to read what they can about the breed and meet all the pits they can that have been in healthy environments and have been trained without violence. I am not going to discuss this issue anymore on a forum because you either like them or you dont. People are too close minded anymore to think differently. I myself was terrified of pit bulls a few years ago until i met one and ended up talking to many vets and rescues about them. I have had many classes and seminars since as well as accompanying police to fighting raids and getting the animals seized to shelter and proper vet care. so unlike you i am not going off of he said she said but more on meeting hundreds of these dogs in my lifetime and taking some in to rehabilitate. I am sorry you have such a negative view on the breed and i pray some day you will meet a pit bull that changes your mind. Good luck with that and despite your negative attitude it makes me happy to see many more people fighting for them than getting so angry at there mere existence :)
Have fun with your hate, it is very time consuming and draining!
Lots of love.
Holly, joker, and daisy ;)

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots
I am currently parrotless but hope to be owned by a parrot in the next few months. :-)
Just curious on everyone's opinion of pitbulls and other bully breeds. I personally think they're awesome dogs in the right home. Problem is they are so popular with the wrong people. More challenging and driven than some breeds, but I guess that's part of what I like about them.

I'd love to adopt one from a reputable rescue/shelter once I'm living in my own place; I wouldn't attempt it while renting because of the stigma attached to them.

So, what do the rest of you think?

I think it's sad that pit bulls get such a bad rap because of so many irresponsible owners out there. I know there are wonderfully tempered pit bulls out there but I am generally more cautious of them in general. If I know the person who owns the pit bull than I am more relaxed and ok around them.

mcw009

Apr 21, 2011
VA
Parrots
Icarus the Moustached Parakeet, Smudge, Pudge (RIP), and Floki the Budgies

Ok i was done until you called me out. Im sure glad i dont own an elephant!!! oh ouch...stupid exclamation again! really need to get my computer fixed... ill look into that in a jiffy dont you worry ;)
Size IS a factor and if you havent read in my prior post a "blood thirsty" jack russel is a lot less scary than a "blood thirsty" pit and thats why they need a RESPONSIBLE owner. and im sure helen kellers parents were hoping she would get her face mauled off right? it would be less stress having to deal with her issues after all.
If you think a breed needs to be put down after so many attacks the small breeds should have been done in years ago. It doesnt boil down to size but how you handle your animals because my point through all of this is a dog Is a dog. Certain people should and shouldnt own them. Just like some people shouldnt own the gsp or husky. Unfortunately they are an overabundance of pits and not everyone is capable of handling them. so therefore blame the people that take responsibly of these animals. I am working with a group that is free spay and neuter for pit bulls. they make up most of 80% of shelters where i am and sadly because of stereotypes and people like you they get looked over. I think they are over bred and the people doing this are most often the people fighting them. The current APBT is a far cry from the ones a few years back and having them spayed/neutered is the only way to start selective breeding all over again to return these dogs to the past state.

you my friend seem to have a redneck point of view where if it doesnt fit into your norm we should KILL IT!
i didnt want to bring race into this but since someone else did it is the same as hating African Americans per say because most of our jails are populated with men of that color. So lets go and cull the whole race because they werent brought up to know any better and drug dealing/ crime is a normal way of life for them. Or we could instead say hey im not racist and look at all the great african american men making life a better place and judge an individual not a whole population. Being breed racist is the same exact thing! i hear about shootings every day on the news but i wont go into my local grocery store and hide in fear because a particular color or nationality is also shopping there. do you? A few bad people raised with a certain mentality and they all need to be eliminated right? sure!

I encourage everyone to read what they can about the breed and meet all the pits they can that have been in healthy environments and have been trained without violence. I am not going to discuss this issue anymore on a forum because you either like them or you dont. People are too close minded anymore to think differently. I myself was terrified of pit bulls a few years ago until i met one and ended up talking to many vets and rescues about them. I have had many classes and seminars since as well as accompanying police to fighting raids and getting the animals seized to shelter and proper vet care. so unlike you i am not going off of he said she said but more on meeting hundreds of these dogs in my lifetime and taking some in to rehabilitate. I am sorry you have such a negative view on the breed and i pray some day you will meet a pit bull that changes your mind. Good luck with that and despite your negative attitude it makes me happy to see many more people fighting for them than getting so angry at there mere existence :)
Have fun with your hate, it is very time consuming and draining!
Lots of love.
Holly, joker, and daisy ;)
You seem a little psychotic. How long are these responses taking you? Why does this matter so much to you?
Seriously, try reading what I've said (or is your comprehension p*ss poor?) I've emphasized, in every post, the fact that abuse and poor training is the main reason pitbulls have become a problem breed. I never once said they are inherently more aggressive- quite the opposite, in fact. All I ever said is that they're stronger than many other breeds. I suspect you're so blinded by your insensible rage that you're mistaking other users' posts for mine.

If you didn't want to bring race into this, then DON'T. I can't believe you called ME a "redneck" and then compared black people to dogs... I'm a little sickened by you.

I AM done here. I never said I hate pitbulls, but I do hate morons.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
:11::11: oh no.......let's just end this thread , yes ?

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
Wow. And here I've been worried that I'm gonna get called out and told to check myself. Resorting to direct name calling is never alright. Sadie also didn't call you a redneck, mcw009, she said you had a redneck point of view. That is not the same thing. Yet you call her psychotic and think that's alright? It's not.

I'm bowing out now.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
This is completely out of hand, enough with the arguing. Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts