Play stand / containing poop advice

azaker1

Mar 25, 2021
I am a new(ish) bird owner and bringing home a Harlequin Macaw in June. I am in the middle of some DIY projects including a PVC play stand and I am wondering if you all have any recommendations for me? Advice is much appreciated. This is a training stand I made tonight and my intention is for it to be portable and I’m curious what you would use as a poop catcher? How about a play gym that isn’t mobile? What would you use to contain poop? TIA!

26110d1619114162-play-stand-containing-poop-advice-zztj4.jpg

Attachments

• zztj4.jpg
    zztj4.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 171
Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Pan as suggested above an excellent idea and easily washable.

Might also consider "painters plastic." I purchase large rolls at big-box stores and use to line the floor of my "indoor aviary" bird room. Available in varied thicknesses, easily cut to fit and disposable.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I use a office chair mat, available at any office supply store. Make sure to get one with a smooth surface, not a pebbled one, makes cleaning very easy.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
a large shoe mat could also work

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
I'm no help. Meisha is house trained. Flies back to her cage for the function.

petwaitress

May 27, 2017
I use an old bed sheet under a playstand. Af required.ter a few days, I take it outside, give it a shake, and put it in the washing machine, then the dryer. No hosing off or scraping off.

Most Reactions

Latest posts