Please Help! Out of options ..

OP
M

midsummermagic

May 1, 2016
Yikes! I sent the video to all the vets I have dealt with. Also, put the little bugger in a jar and packaged up the poo in another. I hope it is something I can do something about.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
OMG! I can NOT imagine something like THAT..living and moving inside poor Buddys intestine! I am no doctor either,but I am willing to bet,that "THING" is the root to all of Buddys medical problems..the poor guy! :eek::02:

I pray that you submission of your findings,to the vet's who see your posts,can give you a definitive answer to what that is,and can recommend a proper and positive treatment for your guy.

Kudos to you..you are going above and beyond what some people would do for their pet...be it birdie or kitty or pooch,fish,turtle,hedge hog etc etc.

Prayers and well wishes for Buddy...and YOU! ;)

Jim

OP
M

midsummermagic

May 1, 2016
Seriously had me itching all night dreaming of parasites and bugs! Yuck!

I took the little bugger to one of my favorite vets, Dr. De La Torre, and she said it wasn't possible to survive in his intestines and still be alive. I guess he could have pooped ON the fly. I don't know.. Good shot?! ;) I don't see them flying around anywhere.. and I stayed up til 4am researching parrot parasites and bugs. Aye yay yay! I think I am going crazy. Why can't life just be easier!.. sigh.

Anyways, the vet happened to be an understudy of Dr. Nemetz and she gave me a better understanding and respect for him so I stand corrected.. though he should work on his people skills so he doesn't shoot himself in the foot, Lol.

Made special birdie pasta out of Amaranth, Spelt, Dandelion, & Kale.. It came out good and Buddy actually ate it! Here's some pics to wash away the gross images of the video:

20160527_134858-e1464476174700.jpg

20160527_140732.jpg

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I can only offer cyber-hugs and support!
Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xoGila

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts