Please help

Miloxmango

Mar 25, 2022
Parrots
2 cockatiel, 2 conures and a blue headed parrot
I was wondering if it’s possible to be able to tame an already old bird, I’ve had a albino cockatiel for about a year now, and she has always been housed with my other cockatiel, and has never trusted me to go near her, she will let me pick her up to put her in the cage and that’s it, she will fly away a lot before hand, and it takes a while, I’m wondering if it’s still possible to tame her , she is a very scared bird, and I have a simlar situation with a conure, it’s housed with another one and also won’t come near me unless it’s to put in the cage, and flys stright off as soon as it’s in, one of the conures is already tame and one cockatiel is too, I’m just struggling with these ones and need tips on how I can tame them both if it’s still possible

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I was wondering if it’s possible to be able to tame an already old bird, I’ve had a albino cockatiel for about a year now, and she has always been housed with my other cockatiel, and has never trusted me to go near her, she will let me pick her up to put her in the cage and that’s it, she will fly away a lot before hand, and it takes a while, I’m wondering if it’s still possible to tame her , she is a very scared bird, and I have a simlar situation with a conure, it’s housed with another one and also won’t come near me unless it’s to put in the cage, and flys stright off as soon as it’s in, one of the conures is already tame and one cockatiel is too, I’m just struggling with these ones and need tips on how I can tame them both if it’s still possible
It is 100% possible! Maybe a bit harder, but you can!

This post might help:

Most Reactions

Latest posts