Plucking or just bad molt??

LaBlueEyes1

Jan 10, 2022
Parrots
Pineapple conure
Sorry the pictures are so bad but I had to take videos of him and ss... he doesnt like to be still and he is agressive but, for a long time his feathers have been missing. I thought he was just having another agressive molt. Usually it looked like this but not THIS bad but they grew back quickly. These, however, are the worst hes been. I really need help. Its veen going on for almist a year. Hes a pineapple conure, 2 years old and very agressive. Theres this patch where he has no feathers at all on his stomach. Its really small and ge wouldnt let me take a picture. All the parts that are like this is where he itches the most. I thought he might be irritated but I dont know anymore. I want to tell my mom but Im scared to because it feels way too late now. (First time using this site so bear with me)
Screenshot_20220110-120826_Snapchat.jpg
Screenshot_20220110-120826_Snapchat.jpg
Screenshot_20220110-120833_Snapchat.jpg
Screenshot_20220110-120946_Snapchat.jpg
Screenshot_20220110-120950_Snapchat.jpg

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
do you have a vet you could take him to?

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
Yes but if it is plucking the longer you leave it the worse it gets. Its like biting your finger nails if you do it long enough becomes addicting.

OP
L

LaBlueEyes1

Jan 10, 2022
Parrots
Pineapple conure
Yes but if it is plucking the longer you leave it the worse it gets. Its like biting your finger nails if you do it long enough becomes addicting.
I know I know... I have just told my mom and she has to talk to dad. Were going to try to see that vet.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hi. There's many different reasons a bird might pluck. first, skin issues. second, boredom Third, stress/anxiety. fourth, depression. How does it's cage look? what are you feeding it? I have a whole post on diet and cage setups( I can send them to you). Will you please tell me what her diet looks like and send a pic of her cage? :)

OP
L

LaBlueEyes1

Jan 10, 2022
Parrots
Pineapple conure
Hi. There's many different reasons a bird might pluck. first, skin issues. second, boredom Third, stress/anxiety. fourth, depression. How does it's cage look? what are you feeding it? I have a whole post on diet and cage setups( I can send them to you). Will you please tell me what her diet looks like and send a pic of her cage? :)
I found out while I was cleaning his cage so its currently not put together. I feed him just regular seeds and a lot of fruits and vegetables. He loves watermelon and apples

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Plucking
This thread might help
Also an excellent thread on diet

Hope this helps :)

OP
L

LaBlueEyes1

Jan 10, 2022