Poorly Parrot

Sean443

Oct 4, 2021
Parrots
Green cheeked conure
Hi,
I have a green cheeked conure. She is 2 years old .
Nothing in her diet or day to day activities has changed yet 5 days ago she started having really runny almost projectile bowel movements

She isn't fluffed up or anything . She is still as playful as usual too but it is worrying me now its been so many days.

She still has a good appetite too .

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Parrots are extremely good at hiding an illness and by the time you notice that your parrot is not acting or has developed a physical indication that there is a health problem it is like serious.

You need to contact your Avian Medical Professional ASAP and have your Parrot seen by a professional NOW.

OP
S

Sean443

Oct 4, 2021
Parrots
Green cheeked conure
Parrots are extremely good at hiding an illness and by the time you notice that your parrot is not acting or has developed a physical indication that there is a health problem it is like serious.

You need to contact your Avian Medical Professional ASAP and have your Parrot seen by a professional NOW.
Thanks for the advice. I'm glad I wasn't over reacting. She is booked in today at 4 so fingers crossed

OP
S

Sean443

Oct 4, 2021
Parrots
Green cheeked conure
Diarrhea is very critical in small birds. Definitely getting to the vet .
Thanks for the advice. I'm glad I wasn't over reacting. She is booked in today at 4 so fingers crossed

BirdAddictK

Sep 26, 2021
Yes, though I have no experience in bird health problems as I don't have a bird yet, I do know that birds are excellent at hiding their illnesses, so I'm glad you will be taking her to the vet.

Advice for while taking her to the vet: You must be having a carrier to take her to the vet, and if she is new to it, she may not want to go, therefore make sure to give her lots of treats while your on your way, while you're there, if she is behaving good with vet etc.

Pls do let us know what the vet has to say once you're back.

We hope she will be alright, good luck and prayers from my end.

P.S. - Do tell us his/her name bc I just really wanna know!

Most Reactions

Latest posts