Prevention of mites plan of action help and what to safely dust your B & G macaw with?

Bogie's Mom

Aug 22, 2021
Media
Parrots
Mccaw
Hi. I am new here and excited to learn more things. Although I'm not new to birding, I'm always open to gaining more knowledge. I need some help! I work at a cute, small pet store. We just started getting a mite infestation for about a month. I could really use some help with a game plan to implement a mite cleaning plan. We have all animals and crickets too...so we just can't bomb. Plus...the cost. So...what attack should I do? I am bit all over. I literally strip in the garage...wash my clothes in lysol borax and hot steam washer...I spritz myself with 91% isopropyl alcohol and run in to take a hot shower. I can't do this forever. So I know I have to change the source...so any info would be so much appreciated. Also...dusting my birds...what is the safest best product? I've read Seven but I'm apprehensive. Thanks again.... im washing n scrubbing here at home but I'm frustrated, exhausted and thanking of quitting but I dont want to.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
This is usually a very rare thing in the United States.
A veterinarian consultation is the best bet

Most Reactions

Latest posts