Progress with Mickey!! I think

Jroyal14

Sep 13, 2014
Michigan
Parrots
12 y/o male African Grey (Mickey)
So I think Mickey and I maybe starting to make some progress. He seems a little calmer when I approach him. I can walk right up to him and literally be right in his face and he won't seem scared or annoyed. He still won't step up. He'll bow his head when I ask him to step up and I always say "I'm not falling for that".
He is starting to vocalize more, he says hello whenever my phone rings, he whistles whenever he can't see me anymore.
And before whenever I'd give him a treat he would take it and walk away to eat it. Now he'll eat it right in front if me, even if I'm moving things around in his cage.
!!!!!!!

Yep, looks like he's letting you feel good...they do that so we don't get discouraged & quit giving them treats.....nice work JRoyal.....

That definitely sounds like progress! Some of the progress with my guys that seemed the smallest actually felt the best:)

Aww, well I'm sure if you just continue having the love and patience you've shown so far, in time Mickey will turn out to be a wonderful companion. Sounds like he's going to make you prove your worthiness first though;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back