Punky stepped up!

dknight8919

Dec 31, 2011
Kentucky
Parrots
GW Macaw 'Punky', Pineapple GC Conure 'Baby'
Yayyyyyy! Punky stepped up on my arm, now are there any tips on what i can do with him on my arm?

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I"m very glad to hear that. You might teach him to kiss if you're brave enough to let that big beak touch your lips. You might see if he wants to cuddle at all, or get a head scratch. Birds seem to like it when they stand up their head feathers and you run the tips of your fingers lightly on the top in the opposite direction to which they lay. You can also take him into other rooms to see the rest of the house and what's outside the windows.

I would also eventually take him into the bathroom and set him on top of the shower rod or door while you are doing personal grooming, and while you are taking a shower. And when he indicates he would like to come into the shower, too, you can introduce him to showering. I don't know how else really a bird that size could bathe.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
They kind of just do it if they are cuddly types of birds. They will rest their head against your chest or shoulder or under your chin. Or maybe want to crawl into the crook of your arm like a baby. Not all birds like to cuddle though. Some love it and others never want to do it at all. Some will even lay on their backs in your arm.

Most Reactions

Latest posts