PVC PIPES

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think this person mostly means making the pvc more natural branch shaped and less perfectly round, not 90 degree bends or something.

I would be afraid to bend too much in fear that the pvc would split.

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
Larger diameters are harder to bend because the tube will collapse. The tube can be stuffed with towels for internal support, but even if it kinks like a garden hose it will cool and be rigid as using a 90 degree elbow. The birds won't care as long as there is no pinch area. PVC generally becomes malleable at boiling water temperature. I use PVC for a variety of applications, even cutting the tube lengthwise and making flat sheets of PVC. I saw someone made a corkscrew "ladder" for example.

OP
eman

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
Rainbow Lories: Mathew & Mia 🤍
I am having to downsize so I wanted to keep all of their things in one spot in some sort of condensed way. I have bought a ton of toy making things for them so they have one full side of the cubicles and I was to have the other side for my crafts... Sadly they have interloped onto my side of the cubing. They have 5 cubes on my side, cheeky buggers. Oh and the boxes are covered cardboard and they love to chew the top edges so they are becoming messy. I would suggest - if doing this, to create a curtain to stop this. Sure they will climb all over the curtain but you can take it off and wash it. I would probably use a fabric shower curtain as they are somewhat waterproof so won't stain if the feathered folk have eaten something like raspberries and leave a message ;) down the curtain. To be honest - they spend most of their day with me down on the table...
This is so funny, and it’s completely the same with me. No matter how many things I give them and how many climbing toys I put for them, they just fly to my shoulder and want to play with what ever I use especially my laptop, my phone and my books that I read. They actually chew my books instead of their chewing toys. It’s not enough for them to mess up their space so they decide to mess up their mum space 🤣 .. but I understand after all I’m not always around so whenever I’m with them? They just want to cling to me 🥹. The curtain idea is so smart!

OP
eman

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
You can also scuff the pvc pipe with a file or heavy sandpaper to make it less slippery.

I buy completely clear, cheap shower curtain liners and cut them to size on the top of the dressers I put my bird cages on.
You can wipe them off for a while and throw them away if they get too battered.

Smart! But won’t scuffing it make it rough and hard to clean? Just wandering 👀

OP
eman

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
I used the physio bandage because I can remove it is it gets too yucky. Scuffing the pipe is good too, just not too scratched tho as it could breed bacteria. Yes I do that too but the girls tend to chew them so changing it to corflute instead.
Physio bandage, I like the idea 👌🏻
Is it easy to be removed without leaving any glue from it?

OP
eman

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
I use a tea pot that blows steam out its spout to warm the PVC and make bends and to squish it partially along it's length to give a more natural shape and variety for their foot muscles, and not always horizontal perches.
Very smart! 😍
You all are giving me great smart ideas .. 💡

HERME

Feb 26, 2016
Thank youu 😍
Hope your bird gets better soon 🤍
Yes he is OK moves around he's cage OK and able to move on these type of perches easily.
He let out every day to play.
These perches we made are still OK after nearly 7 years.

Most Reactions

Latest posts