Quaker Parrot

Helpingabird

Aug 6, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
Hi everyone. My husband and I are retired Air-Force. I found a Quaker Parrot in my backyard about 3 1/2 - 4 weeks ago. It is very talkative and friendly, my son, husband and I are all able to pet it (though I know my son is it’s favorite, it sits on his shoulder lol). Anyways, I have been searching and posting everywhere to try and help this bird find its family. I have had no responses from anyone and there are no bird rescues here in Arkansas so I am giving the bird away to someone who wants it. I thought there’s no better place to post than on a forum where people love birds. I want it to have a good home and not be sold for hundreds of $. I am only asking that I get reimbursed for the cage, toys, and food that I have bought for it. Costs are close to $225. I bought a really nice used cage that is 5’ tall and toys at petsmart. Please let me know if anyone is interested.
F1D84102-C90D-494D-BF19-9A55584749F7.jpeg

C5081AEE-4797-4795-8D0A-9126F0F398EA.jpeg
55949321-B5A0-49D7-8341-15CBA9640B37.jpeg

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Have you contacted local vets?

I'd also post in newspaper but not give the color of the quaker so your not scammed... Keep details out.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
As a heartbroken mom to a lost quaker....thank you so very much for trying to find this one's family .

I looked on parrot 911 alert and saw you had posted him. Unfortunately sometimes people who have lost parrots don't know of this resource, and reverse sometimes people who find parrots are unaware of the resource.

Many people also think their escaped parrot won't survive for more than a few days abd give up. When parrots can and do survive for months.

I wish the best in finding a home for this gorgeous soul. And very much appreciated you kindness and rescue.

If you were a little close I'd probably try abd him to my flock of 3

Last edited:
OP
H

Helpingabird

Aug 6, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
I did call all of the local vets within 100 miles of me and none of them had anyone looking for one. I also had my vet check to see if it had a micro- chip and he/she didn’t. I found a home for the bird today. The lady’s older daughter has had a Quaker in the past so she is aware of all the ins and outs of how to take care of one. I felt bad letting the bird go but I also felt confident that it will be loved and taken care of. Thanks for all the feedback from everyone.

Birdman4167

Sep 29, 2022
Parrots
CBC
Hi everyone. My husband and I are retired Air-Force. I found a Quaker Parrot in my backyard about 3 1/2 - 4 weeks ago. It is very talkative and friendly, my son, husband and I are all able to pet it (though I know my son is it’s favorite, it sits on his shoulder lol). Anyways, I have been searching and posting everywhere to try and help this bird find its family. I have had no responses from anyone and there are no bird rescues here in Arkansas so I am giving the bird away to someone who wants it. I thought there’s no better place to post than on a forum where people love birds. I want it to have a good home and not be sold for hundreds of $. I am only asking that I get reimbursed for the cage, toys, and food that I have bought for it. Costs are close to $225. I bought a really nice used cage that is 5’ tall and toys at petsmart. Please let me know if anyone is interested.
View attachment 43007
View attachment 43008View attachment 43009
Hi is the Quaker still available? I am very interested. Please let me know. Thanks

Most Reactions

Latest posts