Question about sleeping

Laurie9903

Mar 5, 2022
Parrots
Conure
I recently adopted a conure and I was wondering if it's normal that he's sleeping on both of his feet? I reed a lot about it and I know that when they sleep on one feet it means they are healthy. So I was wondering if the fact that he sleep on both means he's sick or if he's just stress or something.. it only been a week since I've got him.

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
One foot in can mean they are resting that foot and can alternate. Or it could mean they are keeping warm. But I don’t think keeping one foot under them or both feet on the perch signify any particular health issues in them. It could be that your conure just sleeps with both feet on the perch simply out of preference, just cuz he likes it. And that’s perfectly normal.

OP
L

Laurie9903

Mar 5, 2022
Parrots
Conure
That's good to know! I kept reading people saying that it means they are sick when they sleep on both feet😅 thank you!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your new friend! We would love too see a picture .

I suggest having a digital kitchen scale and weight check your parrot weekly and keep a log. If this is a young burd they will likely gain a few grams over time till they reach their maturity. Knowing your burds normal weight and catching any health issues early by weight loss can save your bird. As birds hide being sick until they are so sick they can't hide it anymore, and at that point its an emergency and harder to save them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts