Random thoughts on parrots

saurian

Sep 26, 2019
My room. 24/7.
Parrots
Mister, Budgie, 2008-17
My favourite thing has always been the dinosaur stuff. I've always found it incredibly cool. It shows how much our world has changed, and I think that's beautiful. I mean, if you own a parrot, you own a dinosaur. Awesome stuff!

(also yes I have returned!)

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
They way they are equal-opportunity in terms of human genders when selecting humans as mates is sort of unique. Don't get me wrong, I know individuals have their own preferences, but as a group, if they confuse a human for a mate, it seems to be pretty much a coin-toss in terms of gender across the board.

Yes! I started to write about this yesterday!

My best friend was transgendered and we talked about how parrots (or birds in general) had it made. Everything is on the inside, so if they want to say “I’m a boy” or “I’m a girl” or “I’m a bird!” they can. No one knows except for them. And if they want to love or befriend a girl bird or boy bird or unknown bird, that’s fine too. No one can tell any different.

Besides which, a parrot can be a “pretty boy” and that is just fine. Willow is a bird and a beautiful one. I think he’s a boy but I could be wrong. Willow is a lovely blue bird. Or a handsome fellow, or a beautiful blue boy.

So much easier.

(We also thought it would be easier to be covered with feathers or fur and not have to wear clothes. But that’s a different topic.)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Interesting, but all Parrots know if this or that Parrot is a male or a female and there is no way they can choose differently as all the other Parrots' know.

Humans are a hairy creature that has with time lost most of our hair with the exception of a DNA variation from time-to-time when an individual has extensive hair over their entire body. It is important to remember that Humans are surviving in near all environments from cold to warm where most animals, avians and fish do not always have that choice. Humans can adorn themselves with a very wide selection of clothing to express themselves.

Being Human has huge advantages that are worth celebrating.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts