Random thoughts on parrots

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
You know you're a Parront when you've got a safflower seed shell stuck to your cheek and a down feather in your hair... and you just got out of bed.... that was me this morning. :)

so cute so true

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Penny is so funny, I don't think any wonderful pet throughout my life has made laugh as much as she does.

I accidentally fell asleep in my chair, the sound if snoring woke me. It was Penny mimicking my snore! When my eyes opened, she was right in my face, eyes lit up with happiness and she let out another big snore! So now i know i snore lol and what it sounds like !! She looked like she had been having the time of her life. She loves to copy funny noise, beeps, dog barks, yips, growls, meow (from her life before I guess)

For those that don't know, I found Penny at terrible time in her life, being treated terrible, covered in filth, screaming and lunging. She just needed some kindness and stability to bloom.

Last edited:

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Penny is so funny, I don't think any wonderful pet throughout my life has made laugh as much as she does.

I accidentally fell asleep in my chair, the sound if snoring woke me. It was Penny mimicking my snore! When my eyes opened, she was right in my face, eyes lit up with happiness and she let out another big snore! So now i know i snore lol and what it sounds like !! She looked like she had been having the time of her life. She loves to copy funny noise, beeps, dog barks, yips, growls, meow (from her life before I guess)

So cute!!

Trigger seems to learn something new every day... so every day I discover some sound, word or phrase that apparently I say a lot, because I hear it from him.

My favorite thing though is when he starts to combine the things he's learned in new, and very funny ways...

He learned from me to say:
"Trigger!"
"Birdies birdies birdies!"
"Lunchy's ready!"
"Peapod!"
"Corn!"
"You're welcome"
"Pew pew!"

...and a bunch more stuff... here's a few of the entertaining combo's he has come up with:
"Birdies birdies CORN!"
"Lunchy's Trigger!"
"Trigger Trigger Pew Pew!"

:18:

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Oh that's so true.

I can't count the number of times Bella started saying something and I think "where did she learn that"

The first time it happened was
"What's going on"
It took me a while to realize it was what I would say when entering the Cockatiels area when they start flapping around.

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Oh that's so true.

I can't count the number of times Bella started saying something and I think "where did she learn that"

The first time it happened was
"What's going on"
It took me a while to realize it was what I would say when entering the Cockatiels area when they start flapping around.

Lol! Too funny!!

Last year we heard Trigger coughing a lot and we were worried about his health... then we realized he was mimicking MY coughing... which made me realize I was coughing a lot... so I went to see the doctor about it.

Thanks for looking out for my health Trigger! :D

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I thinkni need to see a new Trigger picture!!

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
Why is it that 95% of everything Trigger says, he learned from me... but 95% of his talking he does when I am not near him. When Wolfy is with him he talks, he plays, he rolls over on his back and does silly, playful things... As soon as I AM near him, he goes silent and just stares at me entranced.

Crazy bird!

I can relate. My family gets to see the outstanding flight maneuvers, as Meisha makes her way to find me. I miss out on the good stuff.

She will talk for my son. Embarrassingly quiet with me when I want her to showoff for a client.

She will stop her activities with others and watch my every move, when I walk up.

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
I thinkni need to see a new Trigger picture!!

Ask and ye shall receive :)

squeekmouse-albums-yoda-trigger-picture23392-trigger-likes-being-carried-way-some-reason.jpg

squeekmouse-albums-yoda-trigger-picture23393-trigger-says-hi-can-i-help-you.jpg

squeekmouse-albums-yoda-trigger-picture23394-trigger-just-hanging-around.jpg

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
What is it with Parrots and hanging up-side-down?

It’s part of their plot to charm us to death with their cuteness so they can take over the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
What is it with Parrots and hanging up-side-down?

It’s part of their plot to charm us to death with their cuteness so they can take over the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That has to be it! Global Control, one Human at a time! :D
Obviously the best path to domination is to gain control of the smart people... You know, like those who keep parrots! Heeheehee ;)

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
There is NO doubt at all they are plotting something wicked... their cuteness is too overwhelming, they are surely up to no good!!!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
That embarrassing moment when your patients visit, and your dad asks what is your parrot doing? You look over , there is your girl masturbating !!@ OMG!!

I was like she is playing......but no...he was like is she stuck on the toy? I was hmmm......she found a sweet spot......my mom got it....finally I just said she is masturbating... awkward silence....then they left...
Its funny now! But I would not wish to hsve that awkward conversation ever,

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
That embarrassing moment when your patients visit, and your dad asks what is your parrot doing? You look over , there is your girl masturbating !!@ OMG!!

I was like she is playing......but no...he was like is she stuck on the toy? I was hmmm......she found a sweet spot......my mom got it....finally I just said she is masturbating... awkward silence....then they left...
Its funny now! But I would not wish to hsve that awkward conversation ever,

My mom is so weirded out buy Noodles because of this...I try to tell her, at least she doesn't hump things like male dogs that have been neutered..Granted, based on the blue butt of a friend's cockatoo and a blue toy, some do lol! Noodles just grabs her tail and swishes it in circles. No one would ever know....unless they knew...

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
So Phoebe is a 2020 baby. Generation Alpha. Or are. they calling them Generation Q ? For quarantine babies,?

Most Reactions

Latest posts