Regurgitate?

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
So my Female parrotlet regurtitates sometimes but not to her sister. Sometimes when she do something exicting she stops and regurtiates. It does not come anything. We had a vet check two or three months ago. Or could she be rejust her crop?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Some parrots will do that when excited or upset. Mine does it during training sessions when we get ready to do a favorite trick. All the motions of regurgitating but no food comes out. I don't think this represents a problem condition with your parrotlet.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Some parrots will do that when excited or upset. Mine does it during training sessions when we get ready to do a favorite trick. All the motions of regurgitating but no food comes out. I don't think this represents a problem condition with your parrotlet.
Okay!! Thankyou for answering!😀

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
I just discovered right now that she regurtitated and a bit of food comes up and then she eats it.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
I did a thread before but about my bird regurtiating and noting came up, i discovered now that she rigurtutated some food and ate it. She seems fine and when i opend up the snackbag, and she was screaming of exitment becuse she would get a seed. Is this some kind of hormonal thing?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Because she's eating it, that does sound like regurgitating to me and it is more than likely caused by her hormones.
Great job keeping such a close eye on her!

Most Reactions