Rehome Syd to a 12 year old?

RemiBird

Feb 26, 2019
My son was 14 when we got Remi, our GCC. We had cockatiels before him and my son learned what it takes to care for birds. After the cockatiels were gone, he kind of wanted a bird to bond with (cockatiels were more bonded to me).
He did a lot of research and came up with a GCC. However, I wanted a bird too, so it was a family decision. We got Remi, and then a year later, we got Petey, another GCC, as well. Now, I know my son will go to college in two years, and if he can't take the birds with him that's ok. They have a home with me and my husband. The birds love my son though and follow him around.
My point is, it has to be a family decision.

OP
T00tsyd

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
My son was 14 when we got Remi, our GCC. We had cockatiels before him and my son learned what it takes to care for birds. After the cockatiels were gone, he kind of wanted a bird to bond with (cockatiels were more bonded to me).
He did a lot of research and came up with a GCC. However, I wanted a bird too, so it was a family decision. We got Remi, and then a year later, we got Petey, another GCC, as well. Now, I know my son will go to college in two years, and if he can't take the birds with him that's ok. They have a home with me and my husband. The birds love my son though and follow him around.
My point is, it has to be a family decision.

That was the point I was making today. I have no more decided that they will be the right home than she had. As far as I am concerned it will be a long process. If they want him enough they will do it with the least upset to Syd as possible.

JuicyNip

Jul 22, 2019
Media
Albums
USA
Parrots
Black-Capped Conure
I'm late posting on this, but I wanted to say how sorry I am that you're having to face this issue. I hope and pray that it's resolved in a way that brings you peace and quiets your worries.

Most Reactions

Latest posts