Rehoming a 5 month old female B&G Macaw

Emira

Oct 10, 2021
Austin, Texas
Parrots
Emira (Blue and Gold Macaw)
Hi guys.
Iā€™m going to make this simple and straight to the point because I donā€™t want to get too emotionalā€¦

Iā€™m moving to a different location for a new job. Will be living in a apartment. My boyfriend and I canā€™t keep her since weā€™re having to split our time and we have tons on our plate. We want to give her our time as we did before but itā€™s very difficult for us and it doesnā€™t help that Iā€™m moving either.

We want to rehome her for a family that will love her unconditionally (of course) and that will give her the time she wants and needs.

Sheā€™s super friendly and well socialized. She has a lot to learn and she loves to cuddle on our lap.

I want to reach out to you all here on Parrot Forum to help me find her a home in Texas (Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio).

Thank you all

OP
Emira

Emira

Oct 10, 2021
Austin, Texas
Parrots
Hi guys.
Iā€™m going to make this simple and straight to the point because I donā€™t want to get too emotionalā€¦

Iā€™m moving to a different location for a new job. Will be living in a apartment. My boyfriend and I canā€™t keep her since weā€™re having to split our time and we have tons on our plate. We want to give her our time as we did before but itā€™s very difficult for us and it doesnā€™t help that Iā€™m moving either.

We want to rehome her for a family that will love her unconditionally (of course) and that will give her the time she wants and needs.

Sheā€™s super friendly and well socialized. She has a lot to learn and she loves to cuddle on our lap.

I want to reach out to you all here on Parrot Forum to help me find her a home in Texas (Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio).

Thank you all
By the way, she comes from JC Aviary in Austin, TX. Official and licensed breeder. Sheā€™s got all her paperwork and documents. No known sickness or virus.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Thanks for all the information and I'm so sorry she must be rehomed. This must be very hard for you. I hope Emira can find a forever home with parronts who will love her endlessly ā¤ļø

Tb9tampico

Dec 2, 2021
Hello! I am looking desperately for a female blue and gold and would seriously love to be able to adopt her. Is there any way you would consider an adoption outside of TX? I live in CA (unfortunately) and I have been having a hard fine finding a good macaw without going to a breeder or commercial shop, which I donā€™t want to do on principal alone. I really want to adopt one into a loving home. My kids absolutely love them, and I have since I was very young. Iā€™m an experienced pet owner, and have raised birds basically my entire life. I may not be in TX, but I promise you your girl will be loved so very much by a forever family. We own our home, and have plenty of space for her, and I work from home so she will never be alone. Please consider me. Thank you!

Tb9tampico

Dec 2, 2021
By the way, she comes from JC Aviary in Austin, TX. Official and licensed breeder. Sheā€™s got all her paperwork and documents. No known sickness or virus.
Is there any chance youā€™d consider me for this adoption? I donā€™t want to get my hopes up at all if thereā€™s not even a chance.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Is there any chance youā€™d consider me for this adoption? I donā€™t want to get my hopes up at all if thereā€™s not even a chance.
Letā€™s get in contact.

Please be aware that new members are unable to access our direct messaging service until they have amassed a total of 10 posts on the open forum. In the meantime, if you wish to contact each other, please feel free to send a message to any one of the Mod team, @LaManuka, @saxguy64, @Scott or @Terry57, and we will be happy to forward your messages and/or contact info on for you :)

HWatson

Dec 12, 2021
Hello my name is Heather I have been helping my mother look for a companion parrot, however we just moved to Missouri. would you consider adoption outside of Texas? If so she would receive all the love, attention, and care she could ever need and then some. Mom had a bird for years but when her and my father divorced all he wanted was the bird. Mom got me and my sister and he took the bird and sadly we never saw either again. Ive felt responsible for years that mom lost her best friend but she has never once shown any signs that she didnt make the right call. If you would consider out of state adoption please contact us. Thanks for your time and consideration. Hope you have a safe and happy holiday season.

OP
Emira

Emira

Oct 10, 2021
Austin, Texas
Parrots
Hello my name is Heather I have been helping my mother look for a companion parrot, however we just moved to Missouri. would you consider adoption outside of Texas? If so she would receive all the love, attention, and care she could ever need and then some. Mom had a bird for years but when her and my father divorced all he wanted was the bird. Mom got me and my sister and he took the bird and sadly we never saw either again. Ive felt responsible for years that mom lost her best friend but she has never once shown any signs that she didnt make the right call. If you would consider out of state adoption please contact us. Thanks for your time and consideration. Hope you have a safe and happy holiday season.
Letā€™s get in contact? Send me a message

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

inkspider

Jun 8, 2021
st. augustine florida
Parrots
Roman GCC
Hi guys.

Thank you all
im in the Florida area and I would certainly be interested!

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
Awe...I totally understand how hard and emotional it is to rehome an animal. I had to rehome an Amazon due to something similar. My husband was being transferred overseas by the military, so no choice and we weren't allowed to have him in the base housing. It was one of the hardest decisions of my life. I swore at that time that I would never get another bird until we had a less nomad lifestyle.

Fast forward 25 years and husband is retired from the military, we own a home, and only one teenager still at home. I just recently got an Electus to help replace my children that are leaving the nest. I have always loved the blue and gold macaws. I have thought that I might get one in another couple of years once Tequila is a little older. I do live in the burbs of Houston, but I really need to do some soul searching to make sure that I would be ready to add another bird to my household at this time.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I just now saw this! How do we get in contact? Are you still looking for a forever feathered family member?
Emira, you are only 1 post away from being able to PM. If you respond to this you should be able to PM inkspider so y'all can have a private discussion.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh, okay! Iā€™m still learning how to use this websiteā€¦ šŸ˜…
If you need any help, please feel free to reach out:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts